Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thinking about money and food...
Posted by: phoeniximago ()
Date: April 19, 2010 09:13PM

Hiya. I had one of those days where I just wasn't eating at my best. Some packaged confectionaries got the better of me when normally I'm close to 100% raw. Feeling a bit down I wrote a little essay to try to convince myself not to do it again. Here it is:

[www.21cyogi.com]

Basically I was trying to explore what it is we're actually paying for when we pay for food so that I might not be suckered into wasting my money and harming my health again. This was primarily for personal purposes so it's quite tersely written but I'd like to share it 'cos if it's of interest/use to anyone else it will definitely put a big smile on my face:-).

Rob

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thinking about money and food...
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 01:07AM

Rob, I think of my health for the most part when I buy food. Everything I put into my cart gets muscle-tested in the store.

On Sunday, I went into the national park and foraged. I picked about 3 cups of dandelion leaves and about 3/4 cup of violets. So, you don't always have to go to the store to obtain food. I also bought a small organic basil plant on Saturday which I put next to my bedroom window due to the south lighting there. I will be buying some tomato, jalapeno, sweet basil & Thai basil, and some other plants that I will be putting on my patio. I currently have a couple of grape seedlings there that I hope survived the frost and will at least grow leaves so that I can use them as wraps.

I had to stop giving into sad food cravings when my body reacted severely to them. It's a process and it takes time, attention, and a desire for optimal health.

Good luck and good health. Therese

Re: Thinking about money and food...
Posted by: phoeniximago ()
Date: April 20, 2010 10:40AM

I totally identify with the 'body reacting to sad food cravings'. I feel a whole lot worse today than I did last time I transgressed. Quite a shock actually. So that's good I guess...

The foraging thing sounds idyllic. I'm tentatively hoping to be living in Sicily soon so it might be a serious option for a lot of my food. I think my dream one day is to just pick and eat the majority of my food when I feel like it. I'm nowhere near it right now but it's a worthy goal I think!

Best wishes with health and happiness,
Rob

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables