Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight loss update
Posted by: desert_om ()
Date: April 20, 2010 03:37PM

Hi all,

Well I don't want to jinx it, but I finally seem to have stumbled on a good combination of foods to lose a little (noticeable) amount of weight. As I posted here before, I have about 20lbs to lose and had begun a 50-80% raw diet for a month, but wasn't losing any weight, I mean not one ounce!

I went to a naturopath/acupuncturist who told me a 100% raw diet is not ideal for my body type, and suggested including some cooked foods. I've been veg/fruit juicing a lot, eating some steamed veggies, raw smoothies, cooked things like hummus, wholegrain crackers, brown rice. On weekends (when I'm not working and have more time), I make green juices the staple of my daily diet.

I've lost 5 pounds and my pants are looser (yippee!)...

Are any of you attempting to lose weight by eating raw? What have been your experiences?

Bright blessings,
Amy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight loss update
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: April 20, 2010 06:38PM

After a few years of eating mostly raw and stretching my belly by eating multiple servings of fruit to feel full. I have also decided to add more cooked back. I am eating srpouted and cooked chick peas and lentils - HOw hte hell did I ever give those up??
They are SO GOOD!!
I am also steaming yams, broccoli and Kale very lightly, but gets the GREEN taste out!
I am happy to feel more satisfied eating this way as opposed to 8 bananas and 4 mangoes to feel full after a meal.
I also have not lost a lot of weight, actually GAINED weight because of all the FAT - NUTZ I was eating...
Really...whats better a belly full of RAW nuts ot a belly full of steamed veggies??

Re: Weight loss update
Posted by: desert_om ()
Date: April 20, 2010 07:06PM

I have a hard time with raw almonds, pecans and other nuts... yet nut milk (and more occasionally, nut butter) have become staples. I'm sure there's a reason for this-- I think I read that plain old nuts are hard to digest. I almost get an overly full feeling when I eat them, whereas I can eat or drink a lot of veggies and get a satisfied feeling rather than a bloated one.. interesting...

Great ideas, Rawrnr, on the steaming and also eating sprouted or cooked chick peas & lentils. I haven't tried anything sprouted yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables