Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lettuce recall - E. Coli contamination
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 07, 2010 11:18AM

Another food contamination...Romaine lettuce

[news.blogs.cnn.com]

How many of us really know where our food comes from? And how it is grown/under what conditions? I have thought about asking the owners of the "health market" about the fruits & veg. that they sell, but then again I figure, what's the use?

At this point, I really don't believe hardly anything I hear, I take it all with a grain of salt. That is why I am trying to be as self sufficient as possible, growing pretty much everything that I can, harvesting wild edibles on our own property, filtering our water supply.

It's a sad time in the world, & getting worse by the day...sorry to start the morning on such a down note... sad smiley

...and then again, this oil gusher situation with BP (broken petroleum) is a major concern. No one has a clue how to get it under control...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lettuce recall - E. Coli contamination
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 07, 2010 01:20PM

*sad*

Lesson in selfishness and greed, living examples of how not to be.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: May 07, 2010 02:10PM

Usually, incident like this is used to require pasteurization in the future. Juicekatz, I agree with you, we should all do just like you do - grow our food and know the wild edibles. That should be a part of elementary eduction, if you ask me.

Date: May 07, 2010 07:50PM

"That should be a part of elementary eduction, if you ask me."

That is very true, it should be part of the curriculum instead of much of the (useless?) stuff being taught. But then again, "they" want us to be "fat dumb & happy", ignorant in our doped/drugged/medicated/SAD bliss...

Food for thought...

I recall that even when I was in the scouts in the early/mid seventies, we learned little of wild food ID'ing. You would think that would be one place you would learn it. I can tie a bunch of different kinds of knots, though! grinning smiley

Posted by: rab ()
Date: May 08, 2010 12:01AM

juicekatz - what I cannot change, I try not to focus on. But I am willing to learn as long as I am alive.

Date: May 08, 2010 12:39AM

rab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> juicekatz - what I cannot change, I try not to
> focus on. But I am willing to learn as long as I
> am alive.

Yup, I try to live by that motto as well, or the "Serenity Prayer" philosophy, but It gets very difficult to do that when "they are so "in your face" with everything...nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...lol, there I go again!

Can you tell I hang out on survivalist forums from time to time?!?!?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 08, 2010 03:59AM

My friends who come over for cards have a son in scouts, they were just telling me about their recent foray into wild foods with the scouting group. They are interested in learning more too, they were expressing dismay at how nutritionally depleted the foods we eat today are and I suggested foraging wild foods which have never been tampered with. There is a movement afoot... not as vast as the one "they" are engaged in but very grass roots word of mouth independant action. It's good, very inspiring.

BTW, the formula is fat, dumb and UNhappy. Unhappy = more shopping for things to fill the void. What is the point in instilling a sense of contentment and satisfaction? That wouldn't generate revenue...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables