Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WHICH FRUITS TO BLEND WITH GREEN SUPERFOOD?
Posted by: SPARKLE ()
Date: July 08, 2006 06:24PM

HI,

I'm very new to this. I have a green superfood that takes disgusting. So i blend it with fruit, which then makes the fruit taste disgusting. But its better than the damn stuff on its own.
BUT i've recently been reading that not all fruit is ok to blend with green. I must blend with fruit and not with other greens etc like some kind of raw soup, because I want to eat mostly fruit, and HATE ALL vegetables (hence, the green superfood is going to be my only source of 'green'). I tend to blend raspberries, blueberries, kiwis, and mangos with it. But just wanted to get some suggestions. Are there any food combining 'rules' with green superfoods? P.S. i do have bad digestion, so it would be good for tips to make it more digestible.

Many thanks people.

X X X

I've posted this in the Blending/Juicing forum, but no response there, so forgive the duplicate........but i really need advice

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WHICH FRUITS TO BLEND WITH GREEN SUPERFOOD?
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 08, 2006 08:08PM

It is ok, fine and healthy to blend fruits with greens. Why don`t you try blending fruit with fresh greens? Add as many greens as you`re comfortable and progress from there on? They actually taste good.

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: July 08, 2006 09:17PM

Hi Sparkle,
I posted this to you on the juicing forum then I saw this and thought I'd copy it to here for you to make it easier smiling smiley

Hi Sparkle,
awwwwwww its not a stupid question. I know what you mean about nobody answering. This board has been really slow lately.

I have weak digestion too so I have to kinda watch the combinations I use. I find it really bad on my system to mix bananas with any other fruit for example.

For greens I personally like to blend them with tomatoes and cucumbers and celery and stuff. Tomatoes and cucumbers are very low glycemic fruits and well me I find lower glycemic fruits better on digestive system cause higher ones seem to just sit and get well you know, lol!!

I remember a post by Dr Flora who was a close friend of Ann Wigmore and she said that fruits and greens are a good mix and Ann Wigmore's energy soup had watermelon and greens so I think its a good combination for most people.

Of course it really can also depend on the person as everyone is different and in a different physical state which is always changing. One thing I have found is what works today will probably work tommorrow or will at least work sometime again. Sometimes you have to go with the flow and try to find what you need right now until tommorrow comes again.

If you are feeling good blending it with berries and kiwis and mangos I would say to keep doing that for now cause greens are vitally important. It would be really good of course to try to use some fresh live greens as well smiling smiley The really do make a big difference and for digestion spinach is an excellent choice too smiling smiley

Good luck smiling smiley I hope this helps you out

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 09, 2006 09:17PM

Hi there,

I have been following the Natural Way lifestyle, and I always read and discover and learn all I can about a vegan/vegetarian diet, which I mostly follow. I have learnt that you should not combine certain foods, i.e acid/sweet fruit; proteien & starch, and yet I find your recipes to combine almost any kinds of fruits?

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:28AM

Bananas

Posted by: reuben ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:34AM

in our expirence the more acidic fruits work better, pineapple being the best for making green drinks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables