Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Looking for large size laminated food combining chart
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 09, 2010 12:23PM

I need a large size laminated food combining chart. I have found one 18" x 24", but I would still like something larger, poster size. I have seen them before, but can't seem to locate one now.

Anyone know of anyplace to get one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for large size laminated food combining chart
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 09, 2010 02:33PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know of anyplace to get one?
Katz.....Are you still working on your Family to improve
their eating habits? I think you're ready for Abraham.....WY

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 09, 2010 06:20PM

ha ha wheatgrass

i've read all of abraham's stuff

but sometimes a guy just needs a ginormous laminated food combining chart

ya know?

maybe he wants it for himself?

and even though abraham says that ya can't change anybody else

maybe he loves his family enough to have a beautiful chart up there

so they can just educate and help themselves too

Date: May 09, 2010 07:11PM

Ummm...OK....

Thanks for the help guys....

WY - Sorry, "Abraham" is definitely not my cup of tea...

And yes, I am still working on my family, lol. Funny you should mention that, because I was contemplating starting another thread (Part II) as a continuation of my prev. one about that subject.

But I will give you this to chew on for now; winking smiley

Have you ever read Victoria Boutenko's book "Raw Family"? I would refer you to the chapter "The Beginning". (pg.13) In it she talks about her family's change to raw which she largely orchestrated by force.

Although they were all in a crisis situation with their individual health, her pre-teen son had slipped into a diabetic coma a few weeks prior, her husband's severe heart condition, her own obesity problem & more...

She took charge & made the change for one & all, overnight. When the kids came home from school, all junk was tossed out, the microwave was out at the curb with a crack in the door, no more cooked food, candy, pie, soda, it was all gone.

I guess it was a good thing she didn't decide to follow the teachings of Abraham at that point in her life, because her family, including herself would likely all be dead at this point.

My family certainly is not in any dire straits health-wise such as the Boutenko's were, by my point is, why wait for that to occur? Why continue to allow the family to shovel garbage down when you know where it is leading?

Not only that, I as a father/husband am responsible for their well being; as you know, my son went through a horrible step infection a few months ago; he would have rather not, as it was most uncomfortable for him, he missed almost two weeks of school from it, and during that time he drank whatever juices we made for him, drank clay, cut out all cooked & junk, etc.

Funny how fear is a motivating factor. Not to mention that the medical community made a quick 4K from the treatment that was required due to the fact that his immune system was in such a condition that it could not fight it off alone.

Then, my wife contracted it as well, although not to the degree he did, as she is not a junk food consumer like he is when with friends, at school, etc.

I am working my way through V. Boutenko's books, and I must say I am really impressed with her story. I knew a little about them, but not all the details like I am learning now.

What a beautiful family; Valya regularly appears with her mum at seminars, does her own instruction on raw, Sergei is a fine young forager, he knows wild edibles inside & out.

Not sure where papa Igor is at this point; I don't see much mention of him, maybe he just doesn't like the limelight. Anyhoo, I will again state my position, which is obvious... winking smiley

Yes, a person is most definitely an individual, a free spirit; but remember what your father taught you? "When you're under this roof you will do as I say"... lol, well. I'm not that drastic! smiling smiley

But, I am concerned about my immediate family's health and well being; my mum is in very bad condition from a lifetime of poor food choices - battling diabetes, heart disease, severe arthritis, advanced macular degeneration and more.

Why not take charge & bypass all that disease, instead of fighting through it? And, one person can't decide what is best for another? Maybe that is correct to a degree...could maybe even be loosely labeled "communistic"...

Well...to that I would say, look at what is going on in Washington D.C. right now...

Wow, that was quite a long reply to a question about a food combining chart! grinning smiley

On second thought, I probably won't start another thread on this, too much animosity is generated from it, IMHO. And I though "Raw Foodism" was supposed to free oneself of these limiting thought patterns... grinning smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 10, 2010 06:40PM

jk,

First, you are super awesome and your family is sooooo lucky to have you, and I'm sure they know it : )

Second, and please forgive me if you have already considered and discarded this idea, but can't you just take the poster you have to Kinko's and have them blow it up and laminate it for you? Is the resolution not gonna maintain quality? Is that why you can't?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 10, 2010 06:49PM

Addendum:

This is the only one larger that I could find; it looks complicated however, teeny tiny print:

[www.wayne-pickering.com]

It could be chancy as it's hard to see the specific catergories : (

Date: May 10, 2010 07:35PM

Tam,

Yeah, I may have it enlarged at an office store. There is a lady that I have been watching make water kefir on youtube that has large charts on her kitchen wall.

Maybe I will message her to see where she got them from.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 11, 2010 12:34PM

Igor, according to Victoria's email newsletter, is in Russia.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 11, 2010 03:11PM

[www.abcompany.com]
[www.thewolfeclinic.com]

I will leave the laminating to you. I don't like food combining personally. But that wasn't your question. winking smiley Good luck my friend.

Paul

Date: May 11, 2010 03:13PM

juicerkatz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need a large size laminated food combining
> chart. I have found one 18" x 24", but I would
> still like something larger, poster size. I have
> seen them before, but can't seem to locate one
> now.
>
> Anyone know of anyplace to get one?

On second thought, you could try this:

[www.amazon.com]

whoops, that's 18" x 24" I don't find anything larger than that.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2010 03:18PM by pborst.

Date: May 11, 2010 04:36PM

"I will leave the laminating to you. I don't like food combining personally. But that wasn't your question. Good luck my friend.

Paul"

Your thoughts on that?

My understanding is that you want to have "like" foods in the gut that have the same digestion rate. I haven't paid real close attention to this, even though two of my favorites, Jay Kordich & Victoria Boutenko stress it.

You don't feel that is important?

I can't say I personally experience any negative digestion symptoms & I do mix a lot of different things when doing juices & smoothies. Although, I have notices that i will experience a "bloated" feeling a times when consuming smoothies.

I thought that might be from the fact that I consume a large amount at one time - I really enjoy smoothies a lot, they are quite addictive for me. I can polish off a couple of quarts in a very short period of time!

Edit - Excellent charts, BTW!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2010 04:45PM by juicerkatz.

Date: May 11, 2010 08:41PM

Thanks. I choose not to worry about food combining rules for myself based on both personal experience and what I've read. I bought a primer on raw food vegan diets by Davis and Melina [www.amazon.com] which pretty much debunked food combining (pp 242-243, Food Combining Theory and Fact) as a scientific manner. It's one of those areas where some people swear by it. You cannot invalidate someone's experience but at the same time you have a right to groundtruth it for yourself and assess the basis for it. That's where I am. I haven't experienced the problems associated with improper food combining personally. And overall I am skeptical because of the lack of a scientific basis for it. But I have to admit that I am impressed with the anecdotes from other members on the benefits from food combining. It's tough to reconcile the two perspectives, assessments of the literature and personal experiences. I try to keep an open mind.

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables