Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

breakfast, lunch and dinner routine.
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: May 15, 2010 05:40AM

Just wondering if any one subjects thier vehicles to breakfast,lunch,and dinner every day at the exact same time. Sound absurd? so much the more does it for me for people! I only eat when hungry, and never when not, no matter what the time lapse. Some times people go nuts when they offer me food and I say sorry Im not hungry. They have no comprehesion of that. Food to them is just another form of entertainment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: breakfast, lunch and dinner routine.
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 16, 2010 11:17PM

I sure don't follow a set eating plan/time frame. As Jay Kordich once put it, i am more of a "grazer", meaning I tend to eat frequently throughout the day, much like an animal does.

Some feel that this method is detrimental to the body, not giving digestion a chance to take a break...

About the entertainment thing...yeah, as far as I am concerned, there is way too much "social eating" going on!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 17, 2010 12:09AM

I wish that there were times when I didn't feel hungry after a few hours of not eating, but that's never been the case for me.

Now, well, for the last two years, when I eat a full meal or a larger amount at one time, I get indigestion and acid reflux symptoms. To avoid that, I feel better with smaller amounts of food eaten throughout the day.

How important it is to "give digestion a chance to take a break"?

Has "grazing" throughout the day been proven to be bad?

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 17, 2010 12:16AM

I'm only eating breakfast and lunch now following the McGlothlin and Averill lead to minimize blood sugar and get the mental benefits.

Paul

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 17, 2010 01:49AM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm only eating breakfast and lunch now following
> the McGlothlin and Averill lead to minimize blood
> sugar and get the mental benefits.

They don't eat raw food though. I don't think they
eat anything raw. They are afraid of bacteria. Or
something like that.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2010 01:54AM

I'm not hungry first thing in the morning but a smoothie after an hour or two awake is amazingly energizing. I can easily be distracted from food but if I don't watch out I can end up hungry later than I want to be eating. Plus the kids are always asking for more, something else, a snack. It's exhausting the amount of kitchen time I put in and the good food that gets composted, sigh. I can't eat all their leftovers!

Posted by: buddhistforlife ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:16AM

First thing after I wake up: nice pot of organic Japanese Sencha green tea (I am admitedly a tea snob) followed within an hour or so by a large greens and fruit smoothie. Lately I have been unable to finish the smoothie all at once (very filling), so I'll finish it later, with maybe an apple and a handful of nuts.

Lunch has never been a big deal for me; I don't like- or feel the need for a big meal in the middle of the day.

"Dinner time" has moved up in time, to about 5 pm or so, and I'll just pull out some veggies to much on raw or steam, with either lentil sprouts, or some pumpkin/sunflower seeds, followed by some prunes (on a prune kick lately--- not too sweet, and, if really fresh, taste very "plummy."

So, yeah, I loosely follow the "eating 3 times a day" paradigm, but that's only because I tend to feel hungry after a few hours. Of course, there are times when I feel like eating--- and enough time has passed that I think I would or should feel hungry--- but if I eat during those times, I always regret it.
Just throws everything off- the balance.

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:51AM

I seem to have forgotten how to eat like a normal person. I eat breakfast almost every single day and it's always a smoothie with organic greens, water, ground flax, a banana and maybe one other type of fruit. Other than that I would graze on fruit throughout the day. I don't really know how to eat like a normal person anymore and it sucks. I don't know why I'm posting in this thread but I would really like to get to a point soon where I eat when I'm hungry, don't when I'm not, and stop when I'm full. All it takes is me but unfortunately eating has never been a purely mechanical thing, there's always been so many emotional and social attachments. It's not impossible to get back to where I was though. Damn disordered eating habits.

Posted by: Nubster ()
Date: May 17, 2010 04:09AM

So since it is recommended by many nutritionist to eat every 3-4 hours, small meals or healthy snacks, does anyone find that eating sporadically throughout the day that it hampers any weight loss efforts? That is if you are on the raw diet at least partly to loose weight. I am a pretty big guy at 6'2" and about 310 pounds but I am also heavily muscled from years of powerlifting. I want to loose weight and a lot of if. Not only for the health benefits, I want to transition in to a vegetarian lifestyle eventually going raw. I already under eat as it is and that is a huge contributor to my excess weight. I am just wondering if a vegetarian/raw diet falls under the same guildlines as a conventional diet?

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 17, 2010 05:02AM

Nubster,

I lost 25 pounds EASILY eating almost 100% raw snacks and small meals throughout the day. I also walk (and sometimes jog) daily. After that initial weight loss, losing weight really slowed down for me. I lost another five pounds slowly and would like to lose about 10 more. The thing that helps me most is keeping my fat intake at around 10% of my caloric intake. (I am really sparing with nuts and avocado.)

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables