Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ninth Avenue Food Festival: Yikes!
Posted by: buddhistforlife ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:37AM

Well, it's that time again- streets blocked off in the city for the annual bacchanal that is the New York City Food Festival. Just around the corner from me on 9th Avenue are tons and tons of junky fried and battered food items, with even more people drinking and gobbling it all up. It never fails to astound me-- I mean just the number of people that flood these events- thousands!

Truthfully, I am both attracted to, and disgusted by, the smells. I don't understand it, but even though I hate the sweaty smell of fried meat wafting into my apartment, there are other smells that sort of tug at me.

Maybe it's a memory thing...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ninth Avenue Food Festival: Yikes!
Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: May 17, 2010 03:47AM

Smell evokes the strongest memories and emotions out of me, so I'm with you on that. The way Dunkin' Donuts or fried foods smell all make me think about how good they taste and who I enjoyed eating them with, but the health problems those people are enjoying are so not worth having some myself. I can't believe I used to eat things like fried vegan cheesecake... so far from real food and so disgusting for my body. I think smell might be my favorite sense for that reason though, I can smell chicken Ramen and be brought back to my grandma's living room in 1995, how awesome!

Posted by: rab ()
Date: May 17, 2010 04:46AM

We are all former processed food junkies...forever.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 17, 2010 12:33PM

What kind of an abomination is fried vegan cheesecake?! I'd just eat a bag of pork rinds[blech!] and call myself an honest woman!

Posted by: cyclopsicle ()
Date: May 17, 2010 10:39PM

Lots of Chinese Kosher Vegetarian restaurants in my city seem to think that to appeal to omnivores they must deep fry EVERYTHING. It's disgusting. I'm grossed out I ate those things, fried food is disgusting. It's not really food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables