Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ani Phyo's new cookbook
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 23, 2010 07:59PM

I was at Border's earlier today and finally got a chance to look at it. My verdict? Awesome! I am going to have to get it (after swearing off buying any more raw food books). I have her first one, which was great, but this is like the kind of book that you would recommend to someone unfamiliar or just starting out on raw foods. It's in hardcover, which makes it durable when you're in the kitchen, and retails for $30. The only concerns I have is that she uses agave frequently when she wants to sweeten stuff and she never did mention honey as an option. When she listed all the sweetners, she even included brown rice syrup. Also, she said that Bragg's Liquid Aminos is supposedly raw. I have heard conflicting ideas about this. If anyone knows the real deal, please let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ani Phyo's new cookbook
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 23, 2010 08:42PM

Bragg's isn't raw. Technically. Also, not really all-natural. I think she eschews animal food, which would be why no beejuice. Why don't you substitute your choice of sweetener for whatever Ani Phyo recommends; it probably won't change the flavor profile too much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 08:42PM by Tamukha.

Date: May 23, 2010 11:57PM

Yes, I was thinking about just substituting 'beejuice' after hearing that agave was really like HFCS, only pricier. I really liked agave's ability to dissolve in liquids, as well as its neutral flavor. Maybe it's not so bad? May I ask why you say Bragg's isn't all natural? The ingredients listed are soybeans and purified water.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 24, 2010 12:11AM

Re: Bragg's: I recall reading this a while back

[www.welikeitraw.com]

Date: May 24, 2010 07:14PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Re: Bragg's: I recall reading this a while back
>
> [www.welikeitraw.com]
> iquid_am.html

Thanks for the link. I had to laugh when one person said he quit because Bragg's gave him nightmares. Um...okay, whatever you say. I had heard that it contained MSG before and countered that statement (by the raw food "expert"winking smiley but have not heard back from her yet. I think that people should state things very carefully because you do hear a lot of contradicting info from so-called "experts" in this area. I have never seen namo shoyu and I don't consume alcohol so it probably would not work for me. I never thought that Bragg's was raw, but was willing to use it anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables