Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Helping about Avacado !
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 25, 2010 05:31PM

Hello all:
IHello all:
I live in a region that accessing to Avacado is very very difficult and you know Lots of the raw recipes specialy those for curing diabetes has avacado .Is there any other fruit that has the same properties with Avacado ,Please help me.

Thank you very much for your attention

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Helping about Avacado !
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 25, 2010 10:57PM

I clicked on your profile and don't know where you live--mind at least mentioning the state or if not in the USA, which country? I am hard-pressed to think of a place where avocados wouldn't be available except for maybe Alaska or Iceland. Raw, good fat? How about young coconuts, but if you can't get avos, then I would imagine it would be tough for them as well. You could also explore online delivery. I am even thinking of this myself. I have never tried a cherimoya and someone on here gave a link to a CA farmer who sends them straight from the orchard! And the price seemed pretty decent because shipping was included.

Re: Helping about Avacado !
Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: May 28, 2010 04:16PM

Avocado is a "good" fat when it is raw and nonrancid. Avocado has a very high-quality oil with very low levels of acidity and oxidation, whilst retaining the vitamin E content. The oil is very similar to olive oil, which is very rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and extremely low in saturated fat.

Generally a high fat diet is not recommended for diabetes because it clogs up the cell membranes and insulin receptors...when it is the insulin system that you want to "repair." See the 80/10/10 book by Doug Graham for an explanation on this. Ultimately I think it is the raw green juices, remineralization, fasting and nature's energies that heals diabetes.

There Is a Cure for Diabetes: The Tree of Life 21-Day+ Program by Gabriel Cousens

The brain and nerves are 60% fatty acids by weight, with DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) being the most abundant fat in the brain. We need to reduce fats after the peak and focus on the DHA, Omega 3, and the brain feeding fatty acids from Royal Jelly and Algae. This is because we will stay in the Exhaustion Phase longer if we do not cleanse the cell receptors by fasting and reducing the bulk fats like dairy, meat, vegetable oils and excessive nuts/seeds. The 80/10/10 diet book by Doug Graham explains the need to avoid plugging up the insulin receptor system with excess fat in order to allow the glucose to get out of the blood and into the cells, to be burned for energy. This cleansing of the cell membranes, plus the increase in cell efficiency due to removing obstructing toxins, is one of the reasons why we get a new lease on youthful life after we fast. Omega 3 whole food sources: seeds of Hemp/Flax/Chia seed, Moringa leaf, wild fish, krill oil, spirulina and other algae, ...(along lecithin) to build up your nerve sheaths and cell membranes. The key to good hydration is healthy cell membranes. Krill oil is better than fish oil, because the high levels of natural antioxidants in Krill prevent the oil from becoming rancid. Many people in Western societies may be at least partially GLA-deficient as a result of aging, glucose intolerance, dietary fat intake, and other problems; supplemental GLA can be found in borage oil, black currant seed oil, or evening primrose oil. GLA improves diabetic neuropathy if given long enough to work. www.lifeextensionvitamins.com/megagla.html

Email me and I will send you my diabetes file. jananz@hotmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2010 04:25PM by Janabanana.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables