Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Odd food combos-- anybody?
Posted by: buddhistforlife ()
Date: June 13, 2010 10:27PM

Okay, so since I've gone pretty much all raw, my taste buds have shifted quite drastically. For example, since I gave up all sugar a few years ago, my taste for sweet foods have become very sensitized; there are even some fruits (mostly the hybridized version) that are way too sweet for me.

But, I have developed a taste for 'weird' food combinations (well, "weird" by SAD standards, I guess). Just tonight, I steamed some brussel sprouts, mixing them with some raw sauerkraut, topped with a dab of organic brown mustard... perfection! But then I decided to swipe some very soft, fresh prunes through the mustard-- wow: spicy, sweet... Good stuff.

Also, another favorite is carrots with a bit of raw miso; crunchy, sweet, salty. Sometimes I will mix in a handful of raw sunflower seeds...

I mean, I actually crave this stuff. Weird?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Odd food combos-- anybody?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 13, 2010 10:34PM

I was with you until the mustard and the prunes...yikes!

Posted by: gz ()
Date: June 13, 2010 10:52PM

Sounds tasty!

Sometimes I put shoyu soy sauce on avocado's and... watermelon. I think its just because I like how salt compliments both of those fruits.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 14, 2010 12:04AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was with you until the mustard and the
> prunes...yikes!

LOL!

I like smushed up raw eggplant, especially with whole pieces of the eggplant skin (the best part), mixed up with tomato, cucumber, a bit of hot pepper, some sprouted kamut, and some avocado and lemon juice.

I'm also really starting to like homemade fermented mixed veggies: cabbage, carrot, kale (yum!), and cauliflower, with grated ginger and minced garlic.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 14, 2010 12:32AM

How's this for odd...A slice of pineapple with nut butter spread on it...Mmmm..yummy!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 14, 2010 03:35AM

Sounds OK juicer. Maybe I'll try it! (with blended sprouted seeds)

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 14, 2010 05:25AM

mustard, and saurkraut is kindve a classic combination within the SAD, both sweet and spicy mustards, or normal ones...usually on top of polish dogs, or Reubens.

Sweet and salty been around forever, my dad has put salt on his watermelon since he was a kid... I dont like it on watermelon, but I love it in some other combinations...

hmmm, the pineapple and nut butter seems like the only unusual combo ive seen listed so far,lol...

weirdest raw food ive made, isnt all that weird I think, but I made a banana pineaple smoothie (with about a half a bunch of kale in it,7-10 leaves depending on how big they are) and a teaspoon of cinnamon, Ive had much weirder non-vegan foods, aren't exactly part of the standard american diet either,lol...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables