Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"Becoming Raw": written by 2 registered dietitians
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 10, 2010 09:41PM

I love this new book by two registered dietitians, Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina.

It may not be perfect, and although the authors are both long-time vegans, they're not 100% raw foodists.

Still, Davis and Melina are the first registered dietitians to have coauthored books that are openly supportive of the potential health benefits and therapeutical uses of a raw vegan diet. For anyone with an open mind and a curiosity about the ongoing research into raw food diet and the relevant nutritional issues, this book stands out as probably the most thoroughly referenced and detailed raw food nutrition resource currently available.

"Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina do an outstanding job of nutrition research, bringing readers the most accurate and up-to-date information..." -T. colin Campbell, PHD, professor emeritus of nutritional biochemistry, Cornell University, author, The China Study.

"Drawing on science, Becoming Raw presents a balanced and comprehensive approach to this sensible way of eating. As someone who truly appreciates the performance-boosting benefits of a high-raw diet, I cannot overestimate the value of the information in this book." -Brendan Brazier, pofessional triathlete, author of Thrive Fitness.

"I'm thrilled to see this thorough, insightful, practical overview of raw vegan nutrition..." -Angela Stokes-Monarch, RawReform.com, author of Raw Emotions

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2010 09:49PM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Becoming Raw": written by 2 registered dietitians
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: June 11, 2010 07:24PM

Fab - thanks for that - off to check Amazon UK - hope it's there and not too expensive.

edit; - it's there - £10.45 -

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2010 07:28PM by flipperjan.

Re: "Becoming Raw": written by 2 registered dietitians
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: June 17, 2010 09:32PM

This book is amazing - I thoroughly recommend it to anyone - a seasoned raw fooder or a someone just venturing into the raw food world.

It is full of facts - referenced, and bursting with useful infomation. I can see that it will be my constant companion for the forseeable.

Happy reading smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables