Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Beans Grape Milk state
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 20, 2010 12:30AM

I've seen several posting concerning sprouting beans. But, does anyone know of anywhere you can get beans in their grape milk state? Before they are dried and therefore can be eaten raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beans Grape Milk state
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 20, 2010 02:47AM

Only in your garden. Good luck!

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 20, 2010 06:00AM

Or if you know a local farmer that grows them, im sure you could request fresh ones, but if you can, growing them your self is best, that way you know exactly what is fertilizing them, and hopefully, that there are no pesticides...

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: June 20, 2010 09:59AM

I know them as french horticultural beans and pick them when they are plump with soft milky white seeds inside, but I steam them whole in the shell. I'm trying pinto beans this year and plan to pick some green pods and some more mature but again will mostly steam them, especially if very mature as the natural toxins get potent..

I've seen something like them in the market occasionally when in season, but more like shell beans which are picked a bit more mature I believe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables