Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New gal here...how do you maintain blood sugar?
Posted by: rad gal ()
Date: July 07, 2010 02:07AM

I recently answered a questionnaire regarding metabolic typing test...from it, I learned that I am a protein type meaning that I need a certain amount of protein to maintain concentration, blood sugar and such~

Maybe it's just hard for me to "see" the protein in veggies...I eat at least one huge salad daily with red and butter lettuce, pink lady apple, artichoke hearts, carrots topped with my own apple cider vinegarette dressing.

Aside from raw almonds or nuts, what else are high sources of protein that will "stick to the ribs" and help me maintain my blood sugar?

Pardon my ignorance and thank you for your help~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New gal here...how do you maintain blood sugar?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 07, 2010 02:27AM

Watch this SUGAR video on youtube.

[www.youtube.com]

Your a 'protein type' is another way of saying 'Ive been sold hype by someone that has no idea about human nutrition..' smiling smiley

Do what ALL the thriving raw fooders are doing in this movement. Read 811 and chow down the mega calories from your fav fruits and life the healthy hydrated, slept lifestyle.

Im an elite athlete, hence I need more protein than 'protein types' that cant even run around the block at pace.. smiling smiley I get all my protein needs from consuming sufficient amounts of fruits and veg.

Youve got the right intentions but just on the wrong direction.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 07, 2010 05:09PM

rad gal,

Everything raw has usable amino acids, which your body can use to construct protein, providing your digestion is functional. Sprouts, sprouted legumes and sprouted grains are good sources of concentrated "protein" in a raw vegetarian diet. The best way to figure out what your body needs to thrive is to eat a variety of foods and see what regimen you feel most alert and energetic on. I would caution that there is zero scientific evidence behind the hypothesis of Metabolic Typing[there is even a great deal of controversy about who originally came up with it], so be advised.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 08, 2010 03:32AM

Quinoa btw is awesome, cooked or raw, I love it raw and sprouted, its a bit pricey though so I dont have it to often...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables