Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Questions about Quantum Eating
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: July 05, 2010 01:09PM

The book came out over a year ago now and I remember there was an enthusiastic discussion about it. My questions are for those who decided to follow the program and anyone who tried it.

I'm asking these because I'm planning to move back to the US soon and hope to buy the book with the hope of following the program. I'm curious about your experiences on the diet.

1. Are you still following it? If not, why not?
2. What did you like or dislike about it?
3. For those still on it, is it still working for you?
4. What changes did you notice by following it?
5. How easy is it to work into your daily life with work, family, significant other, social life, etc?

Peace,

Mona
padremickey.blogspot.com

The Seven T's -- Take Time To Think The Thing Through.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Questions about Quantum Eating
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 05, 2010 01:50PM

Mona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......I'm planning to move back
> to the US soon and hope to buy the book with the
> hope of following the program.
As I understand it, there is no program....only guidelines. It would be very difficult, maybe impossible, to come up with a Diet for everyone. That is left to the wisdom of each individual....WY

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 05, 2010 02:44PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As I understand it, there is no program....only
> guidelines.
Tonya reveals what she eats in the attached video 'Calorie Restriction on Raw Foods' (in case you missed it posted elsewhere). She eats quite a lot, but in a short period of time. Morning is vegetable juice and nuts. At noon she has a Green Pudding. Her last meal of the day, at 2pm, consists of a large salad....WY

[www.beautifulonraw.com]

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: July 05, 2010 03:03PM

Thank you for clearing that up WY.

Then I'll change the questions to:

Do you follow any of her suggestions and guidelines?
How closely?
Which ones seem to work best for you?
Which ones don't seem to work?
What modifications have you made to suit your situation?
How has it worked for you?

I'm only trying to get information. I have the greatest respect for Tonya and have another book by her which I really like. I am looking forward to buying more of her books.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: July 06, 2010 02:45PM

I have Quantum Eating and read it. I also have tremendous respect for Tonya and what she has accomplished. To be honest, the CR portion of Quantum Eating wasn't, in my view, presented very well. I think if you want to explore that part of her program, a better book or perhaps an adjunct is The CR Way by McGlothin and Averill. [www.amazon.com]. Please note that the authors are not raw vegan but their diet could be easily adapted as they state. They practice the same daily limited fasting that Tonya does ending their meals at 1 pm in order to achieve low circulating blood glucose.

Regarding the rest of Quantum Eating, I did read and here more about "dry fasting" , i.e. fasting without food and water and understand that this is a modality more commonly practiced in Russia than in the US. I'm open to it. Haven't tried it. It would obviously have to be for a shorter period of time compared to therapeutic water fasting. The hydrogen peroxide treatment I'm skeptical of only because of what I've read on the net. No personal experience. I don't think that's for me. Best to you on your journey.

Paul

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: July 07, 2010 02:47AM

I gave my opinion on Tonya's book here.
[www.30bananasaday.com]

I like Tonya as a person, as for her vague nutritional guidelines though.. sad smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 07, 2010 03:56AM

Mona--
When I practiced it for 2-3 weeks a couple of different times, it was phenomenal. I lost weight and felt great. People said "What are you doing??" What happened that made me quit? I'm not sure! Maybe I just wasn't ready. I want to try again. I have never seen weight drop so fast (while still eating, rather than doing a stringent fast, anyway), and my stomach went from bloated to flat in a very short space of time. I think there is great merit to her plan if it works for the individual's lifestyle.

:-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: July 07, 2010 01:35PM

To really follow it long term with any success she recommends being at an older age and fully adapted to a raw food lifestyle first. It also took her many years to adapt to it also. Not to say it can be done otherwise though.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 12, 2010 05:24PM

Sorry to be so ignorant of the title "quantum eating'. But does this actually examine sub atomic particles contained in foods? And how this might relate to health and well being, or is it just a catchy title? or perhaps I am not understanding other meanings for quanta?

Its sort of on my mind as I am reading a book about teleportation, sub particles, physics etc... very complex. I won't pretend to understand it all...scienticific blah blah blah...and laymans terms, then tech jargon, blah, blah, blah, formula this, and that....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables