Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A Family's Food for a Week by Country
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 05, 2010 05:08AM

I found this interesting, especially the last few.

[www.6die.com]

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Family's Food for a Week by Country
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 05, 2010 06:46AM

that is a pretty cool page, Ive noticed that more than half of them spend more in a week than I have for the whole month,lol... i was slightly envious at first, then realized im doing well enough, im not going hungry, so things are more than good enough, then the ones near the end, wow... makes you want to send them $5 a month or something...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: July 05, 2010 05:27PM

The people in Ecuador had the biggest smiles, they also look like vegetarians. I want to go live with them! Italy or Mexico would be my second choices.

The people in Chad (bottom of the page) live on $1.23 a week! It looks like their diet is peas, rice, beans and things used to flavor them. Since they live on grains, I wonder if they have ever tried sprouting them (if they were sproutable like lentils or raw rice)? First it would increase the amount of food they have and secondly it would vastly increase their nutrition. The only cost would be the water used to sprout, but since you could re-use sprout rinse water over and over again and then give the sprout water to your animals or even drink the water, ultimately there would be no cost and they would have soooo much more nutrition.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: July 05, 2010 05:52PM

Another slideshow about the same book with more countries:

France, these might be vegetarians: [articles.moneycentral.msn.com]
India, lots of fruits and vegetables: [articles.moneycentral.msn.com]
Mali, similar to Chad, big bags of grains: [articles.moneycentral.msn.com]
Turkey, mediteranian diet: [articles.moneycentral.msn.com]

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 05, 2010 08:42PM

People would be amazed to see a week's display of a raw food family! Wouldn't that be a colourful photo?

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 05, 2010 10:44PM

This is fascinating. I recall when the book first came out it was marketed on its economic import, but I look at those photos and I see a case study of the insidious creeping of American mechanized non-food production--I was playing "Where's Waldo?" except that Waldo was a bottle of cola. Just fascinating! Thanks for posting!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2010 03:16PM

Yep, I too noticed that most of these families have coke bottles, and that even in non-wealthy countries there are overweight/obese family memebers.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: July 14, 2010 04:23PM

This was a TIME photo essay years ago, Hungry Planet: What the World Eats. The blogger seems to have only posted part 1. There is more for anyone interested:

Part 1: [www.time.com]

Part 2: [www.time.com]

Part 3: [www.time.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables