Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice fast! day 4!
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:35PM

I decided to move this discussion to its own thread instead of taking up the other one which I was enjoying the original purpose of so much ^_^

Yesterday, day 3, I felt like crap all day, run down,massive headache all day, thinking id go one more day and see how I feel, if not any better id stop the juice fast, but today, I wake up feeling great! made a ton of juice for breakfast this morning too, 3 radishes WITH their greens, 3 stalks celery, a whole bunch of dino kale, and somewhere around 1- 1/2, to maybe as high as 2 pounds of carrots, I didnt measure, and got a little over 5 cups of juice, which I just drank all of...mmmmmm

whats been your experience with juice fasting? (or "feasting" if you'd prefer.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice fast! day 4!
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 12, 2010 03:31PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......I didnt measure, and got a
> little over 5 cups of juice, which I just drank
> all of...mmmmmm
You have a larger stomach than I. 4-cups is my
limit. I'm on a Liquid Diet too. My 24-ounces of Celery
Juice this morning was on the bitter side. I shouldn't have
juiced the leaves....I read later that they're toxic.....WY

Date: July 12, 2010 03:33PM

woops, Ive been juicing the leaves too,LOL... well at least I dont seem to have been using as much celery as you, your not dead, so I should be fine... *stops juicing the leaves from now on though* I probably drank the 4 cups right away, straight down, and sipped the rest over about 20-30 minutes after that, so sounds like we have similar capacity...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 12, 2010 04:37PM

Curator,
Good luck with your fast!
I did 3 days last week and I ended up feeling fantastic!
No discomfort other than mild hunger,but it was not a feeling that I wanted to go eat any solid food.It actually felt pleasant.

The feeling of well being is what amazed me,after just 3 days.
I intend to do 4 days in Aug,then 5 in Sept,etc.... till I am at 10 days.

I hope you can keep at it,and there wont be any more bad symptoms.

Vinny

Date: July 12, 2010 04:52PM

thanks vinnygrinning smiley yeah, I hope there will be no more bad symptoms either... Ive been having some other issues to, but not anything I want to post details about here,lol...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 13, 2010 06:11PM

Hows it going for day 5?

Vinny

Date: July 14, 2010 07:44AM

Im doing really well actually, other than frequent bathroom visits,lol...I also have an update on juicing seaweed... Ive juiced about 10 different varieties so far, have no idea which is which except for the bull kelp... and all of them where disgusting to me except one, this one that looked like a bright green algae from far away, but on closer inspection was millions of 4-10 inch long seaweed leaves, those where quite good juiced,I really liked it in a mix ive been making thats basically like a bloody mary, but al lraw, and no alcohol... the others where disturbing, what juice I could get out of them, was thick and slimy, like a bowl full of snot surrounded in carrot juice...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 14, 2010 02:04PM

Oh lovely.
I am not a big fan of snot in my carrot juice.

Sounds like its going well.

Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2010 02:12PM

*gag*

I'll have some watermelon juice please winking smiley.

Date: July 14, 2010 02:49PM

radish juice? Now that's hardcore!

on the last juicefast I had, I went a bit mad with the carrots. My skin started to look a bit orange-y!

Date: July 15, 2010 03:51AM

oh wow, ive heard of that happening, I have been drinking lots of carrot, but there are ALLOT of greens mixed in with it, as a friend I know has their kale and lettuce coming in heavy right now and is selling me kale for $2 a POUND! really cheap in this area, lettuce is $1 a head, and they are pretty big, been getting mostly red lettuce... making salads, and been juicing it a bit... im feeling kinda weird today...not really bad, not really good... just kinda weird...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables