Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help I'm new at this.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2010 02:44AM

I have been a vegetarian most of my life, but I am very over weight. I need to get info on how to juice for weight loss and detoxing. Where do I go for info on how and what to juice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help I'm new at this.
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: July 18, 2010 05:25AM

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: July 18, 2010 08:08AM

You've only asked for info on juicing for weight loss (which BackAgain gave above), but if you decide that juice fasting isn't the way for you (and it isn't for everyone), you're bound to have weight drop off just by eating lots and lots of raw fruits and veges - you know, smoothies, salads, whole fruits - yeah! When you know what your choices are, it becomes easy to trust your instincts. (For example, today I'll have mango for brekkie, a huge salad for lunch, and a green fruit smoothie for a mid afternoon treat, and a lettuce wrap for supper. If I get hungry in between, I'll have some other fruit. Easy-peasy.)

Occasionally eat small amounts of raw seeds, raw nuts and avocado, because we need some fats in our diets for good health, but don't overdo them. (Some people keep their fat intake to 10% or less of their daily intake. You can check that by entering everything you eat in a day on www.fitday.com. That'll also let you check your vitamin and mineral intake, so you can have an idea if you're missing something. There isn't selenium in the soil where I live so now and then I eat Brazil nuts to get it.)

There are lots and lots of raw food recipes on this site and others. At first raw recipes really helped me to keep it interesting. (I like variety.) But watch out: some "gourmet" raw recipes can have LOTS of fat (e.g., nuts, avocado) and sugar (e.g., agave, honey).

Write here again whenever you have questions. A raw food diet can seem like such a radical thing to do when you're just beginning. It did to me at first. Now when I see what most people eat, I can hardly believe it!

Whether you go with juice fasting, 100% raw or a gradual approach... I hope you have fun and success. smiling smiley

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 18, 2010 03:38PM

Thanks for info. I will go to fitday.com and check it out. I had no idea that there was a site like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables