Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Air pollution and lung health
Posted by: EddieOrso ()
Date: July 27, 2010 12:26AM

I have a question regarding our poor air conditions pretty much
everywhere in the world. How can we keep our lungs healthy and have
good health when the air is so bad. Any nutritional ways? thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Air pollution and lung health
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 27, 2010 06:21AM

I don't know about the nutritional ways to protect your lungs but I think you are right to worry about air quality.

I read a report about cyclists in our big cities (UK) and it made for very worrying reading. Basically cyclists and runners are seriously compromising their health from riding/running in all that traffic. diesel fumes are particularly toxic.

Fortunately I live way out in the countryside and although I bemoan the lack of choice in the shops and the price of everything at least the air is clean - relatively!!

Re: Air pollution and lung health
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 27, 2010 12:55PM

Hiya, Eddie! Probably not gigging in smoky bars would help winking smiley Eating lots of oxygenating foods, like leafy greens and wheatgrass and certain herbs, like parsley, dandelion, and cilantro, that help to purify the blood should help to keep the lungs clean. Also, keeping houseplants around really helps(I've found). The problem, as flipperjan mentions, is city life: walking around TO allows your lungs to fully respirate and expell a lot of nasty stuff, but if they then take in a lot of air that's contaminated with petrochemicals and carbon, what to do? That's where eating the cleanest diet possible, and having the cleanest household air possible come in. Hope that helps!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables