Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

refridgerating...
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: August 05, 2010 01:22PM

It dawned on me last night..

Do we really need to keep things frozen? (fridge/freezer)

Im going to experiment with leaving celery and tomato's on the side with my fruit. I think I would be more eager to eat celery at room temperature tbh.

Im mean theres no difference in why I keep apples on the side and tomatos in the fridge is there?

thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: refridgerating...
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 05, 2010 01:32PM

I don't keep tomatoes in the fridge, they are always on the side in a beautiful earthenware bowl - I do love having my food look attractive in a beautiful dish - in this instance thrown by my partner - even more satisfying.

And I keep my celery on the side in a jar with a bit of water in it. I keep as little as possible in the fridge. I think it all depends on how hot the food area is and if there are lots of flies etc. It's not very hot that often in the UK lol

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 05, 2010 02:43PM

Remember that a fridge doesn't just cool--it humidifies. Taking stuff out of the fridge half a day or 3/4 of a day before eating it is something I regularly do, but celery three days out of the fridge can be sorry looking and not too pleasant on the palate.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2010 08:43PM

Tomatoes are never supposed to be kept in the fridge, that destroys their flavour. Apples though get mealy quickly at room temp. Certain things do well in the fridge (sprouts, greens, berries, etc).

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: August 06, 2010 12:36AM

generally speaking, how its stored at the store, is usually the best way to store them at home with only a few exceptions, ambient temp in your home, and whatnot, but tomatoes taste better and last longer on the counter than in the fridge in most cases...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables