Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

no menses, pregnant
Posted by: marika ()
Date: July 09, 2006 10:26PM

I just found out I am pregnant but I don't think I have been pregnant the whole time I have been raw but I need to know. Do you all know any way I can figure out before I get a sonagram how pregnant I am and how likely you all think it is that I JUST became pregnant and that my not getting my period before WAS just because of diet change. Let's say I am just a couple of weeks pregnant. Would I be feeling pregnant yet? And if I I have been pregnant since the end of April how can I tell?
Hmm. I have a bunch of reasons for not wanting to have gotten pregnant until the past couple of weeks. We just barely finisished detoxing for one. Is it possible that I got pregnant within the last few days, the test was positive AND I am already feeling pregnant?
THIS is what my time line looks like. Became raw towards end of April. Had last period at end of April after becoming raw. Only had a really light period the next month. Barely there. Took pregnancy test. Negative. Took more than one. Took pregnancy test a few weeks ago. Negative. Took one this morning positive. So I probably became pregnant within the past couple of weeks, yes?
I hope so!
-Marika

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no menses, pregnant
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: July 09, 2006 11:21PM

I would agree with you on this concidering your time line.

Posted by: coco-mama ()
Date: July 09, 2006 11:27PM

marika,
congratulations! have a blessed pregnancy lady.

imo a sonogram is likely more dangerous to you and your baby than anything you've been going through during your transition. there are some wonderful books out there to guide you through a natural pregnancy if you so desire. here are a few that i found most helpful:
spiritual midwifery by ina may gaskin
prenatal yoga and natural birth by jeannine parvati baker
unassisted childbirth by laura kaplan shanley (her website is amazing)
and primal mothering in a modern world by hygeia halfmoon.

i didn't go to a doctor or midwife at all during my pregnancy and i birthed my son unassisted at home in the tub. it may sound unbelieveable to you at first but surely no more so than eating nothing but raw foods did. explore your possibilities.
(i'll post this in your other thread as well).

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: July 11, 2006 05:39PM

congradualtions! being a mom is the greatest!

i may be wrong, but i would guess that you got pregnant sometime in the middle of june. since you just started eating raw in april, i don't think that it would have affected your cycle that quickly. since you had a light one at the end of may and the subsequent test turn out negative i would count that as a true period, even thought it was light. so it seems to me that you got pregnant sometime in june. that's just what my intuition tells me after having five healthy children (home births).

best wishes for a blessed pregnancy!

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: July 13, 2006 12:40AM

It is not good or natural for the foetus to be exposed to high intensity soundwaves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables