Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

aubergine (eggplant) - raw??
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 18, 2010 06:26PM

What do you do with aubergines? I wonder if it would work to marinate them in something.

I love aubergines - they are so lovely and glossy and purple - I don't want a life without them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: aubergine (eggplant) - raw??
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 18, 2010 06:44PM

I don't eat eggplant raw--the alkaloids in them makes me gouty, unless the eggplant is well cooked. I have heard of people slicing them very fine, marinating them, then dehydrating them as for chips. In the Middle East, young summer eggplants are peeled, chopped and salted to remove any seed bitterness, then tossed with chopped raw onion, garlic, tomato, bell peppers, olive oil, lemon juice, minced parsley, and salt for marinated salad.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: August 19, 2010 01:22AM

Some people use slices of eggplant as raw pizza crusts.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: August 19, 2010 08:09AM

Baba Ghanoush
Soak eggplant in water, vinegar and sea salt overnight. Rinse and squeeze. Blend eggplant with bell pepper, pressed garlic, basil, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, parsley, sea salt and pepper. Serve with celery stalks, bell pepper slices, carrot sticks or other veges.

Google raw baba ganoush for different recipes. There are LOTS of possible variations. (There are also other spellings of the word ganouj.) Anyway, it makes a good dip for raw veggies.

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables