Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

chia seeds
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 22, 2010 07:07AM

I have just ordered some chia seeds.

Most seeds I find difficult to digest - I'm hoping that these might be ok. What are the different ways to include them in the diet. I have read about soaking into a gel?

I have read that they can be eaten during a run and give wonderful energy - does anyone have any experience of this.

I look forward to your thoughts and insights - thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chia seeds
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 22, 2010 10:42AM

There pretty easy digesting flipper compared to other seeds i find.

You can make chia gel, chia is very hydropholic i just eat them spoon most times and they do take a while to chew so its better smaller amounts rather than just sticking a tablespoon in like i usually do.

I put them in smoothies sometimes also. Great source of omega 3 my wrist tendonitis really started to dissapear with 2-3 tablespoons a day.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 22, 2010 10:53AM

Cool - I look forward to trying them. They're coming from your web site so I hope they get here quickly powerlifer!!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 22, 2010 11:22AM

Ahh nice i seen the order and wondered if it might have been yourself. Appreciate the order as alwayssmiling smiley.

We ship daily so with the PO being shut on sundays they will be off tomorrow morning. Most orders get there the following day even with first classsmiling smiley.

cheers again

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables