Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

From the wagon I have fell..
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: August 21, 2010 08:52PM

and boy am I feeling it.

Iv'e had far too much sugar these past few days, I feel very unsettled and unfocused, like all I want to do is watch youtube vids.

Let this be a warning friends.

I am in quite a muggy and ugly state of being right now.

Solely caused by the food's ive been eating lately. Chocolate, fizzy drinks, take away's.

I thought I could moderate my intake, but its like a slippery slope!!! a downward spiral into junk.

For me, it really is 100% or nothing.

Allowing myself 5% junk will very quickly turn into 10%, and so on.

This is how it works my friends.

fizzy drinks are poison! lol..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: From the wagon I have fell..
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 21, 2010 10:20PM

What are take aways? You must be British or something--sounds like an English treat. LOL--I just saw that you wrote 'muggy' and besides the weather, I have never heard it used like you did!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: August 21, 2010 11:12PM

WnaderRA, the good news is: You have clearly identified the problem! smiling smiley
Step One, check.

Step Two... well, you know what to do.
There's a line to a really old song that goes, "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again." And you'll be so much more ahead of the game than you were the first time you started raw; you know so much more now than you did before.
So, get back up on the horse that threw you and RIDE!!!!

Yep, banana who, "take away" is the British version of "take out," in other words, "fast food" or food "to go." They use the phrase "take away" in Australia and New Zealand too.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 21, 2010 11:37PM

Aha! I had no idea--it also sounded like it could be Australian, New Zealand. I love words and regional differences. I minored in Linguistics and we had a fun class where we talked about differences in just the USA.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 22, 2010 12:11AM

Hope you get back to that wagon soon--cleanse and be purified!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 22, 2010 09:29AM

what does muggy mean

take away

ha ha

sounds cute

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: August 22, 2010 11:09AM

I n Britain the term muggy is usually used to describe the weather; when it is hot and humid like before a thunderstorm. I suppose you could say the air is thick.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 22, 2010 07:22PM

I think take aways are take out food. Basically fast food.
And the fizzys...soda.

I really feel for ya WanderRA.

I have been able to see my self how food either makes you feel great,or one hell of a mess.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2010 07:23PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: August 23, 2010 03:27AM

All of us are nothing but a former or current addicts to different types of bad (junk) food.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: August 23, 2010 05:52PM

"All of us are nothing but a former or current addicts to different types of bad (junk) food."

...That is so sadly true. I've had addictions, too. WanderRa, you should view your sweet thing as a literal drug addiction. You wouldn't include heroin in your diet 5%, right? Sugar is a drug!- a drug very detrimental to mind, body and soul. And chocolate is a whole other dangerous drug in its own category.
I used to be a terrible coffee addict, and now I can't even look at a cup of tea.

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: August 23, 2010 05:58PM

Hey, but don't feel guilty, btw! That's our worst enemy.
I fell off the wagon recently, too. After eating almost entirely fruits for some time and feeling amazing with it, I picked up eating nuts again, for some unknown reason, culminating in a binge of almonds, pistachios and avacadoes yesterday. All I can do today is... observe my sluggishness and take a day to fast. And forgive myself for the silliness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables