Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to make a high sugar smoothy?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: August 29, 2010 12:42PM

People always ask my my fav high sugar, high potassium, muscle sooth'n smoothy recipies that ANYONE can make.

Here it is. Tell me how it tasted! smiling smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to make a high sugar smoothy?
Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: August 29, 2010 05:26PM

Great vid! I went to Planet Raw (aka Juliano's Raw) in Santa Monica last night. The food was very tasty and really beautifully presented, but I did not feel great afterward. I was tired, numbed, dehydrated, and had a slight headache. The food was just too high in fat, too salty, and poorly combined (sugar and fat). It's fine for a once in a while thing, but it's definitely not a sustainable, healthy way to eat regularly.

BTW, I ate the sun-dried "cheese" nori wrap.

On the other hand, I always feel great after a properly combined fruit meal. Delicious to eat, digests beautifully, and you know exactly when you are full. smiling smiley

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Date: August 31, 2010 03:13AM

For sure, low fat, low sodium, high carb cooked vegan is way better than greasy, salted, low carb, high fat raw gourmet food.

They said 'cooked food is poison' and then started up a whole mentality that it doesnt matter how much fat, salt, condiments it has as long as its raw its ok..

Fruit is always the best choice. smiling smiley But hey, sometimes we need a reminder meal to remind us. I certainly did.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 31, 2010 08:51PM

You seem to be obsessed with sugar and carbs durian, all the macronutrients are needed for a health diet such as protein and fat.

There isnt one over another which is most important infact if there was id pick amino acids but again there isnt one more important they all contribute to health.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: August 31, 2010 11:34PM

powerlifer, are you joking around... ? smiling smiley If you're not, tell me, because I don't like being trolled. :p

Date: September 01, 2010 06:47PM

Joking, trolled not sure where you gained that. Just that durians answer for everything is more carbs and more sugar which in most cases aint right. Multiple videos ive viewed from durian, im too cold eat more carbs/sugar, when infact it could be from lack of iodine or other issues.

Alot of people follow him due to his "knowledge", i just thought id put out there that every macro and micro nutrient is as essential as carbs.

You dont need masses of one like durian trys to make out with carbs you need a little of everything to keep your body healthy.

Again im not trying to get at the guy but if you make sweeping statements such as salt/garlic and chilli impede b12 levels you better able to prove it and he cant. If your paying near 2k for this type of mentoring you better be able to show some studies or at least something which backs up your claims.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2010 06:51PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 01, 2010 08:48PM

powerlifer,

. . . every macro and micro nutrient is as essential as carbs.

Not necessarily true. The brain cannot function properly without carbohydrate, but can do OK for long periods without much protein or fat. For optimum conditions, one needs all micro and macro nutrients working in concert, but in a case of, say, starvation, carbohydrates are the only immediate essential nutrient.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: September 01, 2010 10:07PM

My impression of (DR and) the lowfat-rawvegan-message is that you need all the macronutrients, of course! But in different ratios and in this case, carbs will be needed in larger amounts than fats and protein.

"You dont need masses of one like durian trys to make out with carbs you need a little of everything to keep your body healthy. "

Do you suggest that we need 33% carbs, 33% protein and 33% of fats of your weekly calories?

Sure, Durianrider can sometimes act a bit fanatical and it could actually be thats been what made you less receptive for his messages? What do you think?

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 02, 2010 10:06AM

I believe he is stating they are all equally important to healthy living, NOT that they should all be eaten in equal amounts, although I can see why you may have thought he meant it that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: September 02, 2010 12:26PM

What curator said.

I didnt say short term or such tamukha, but that if your missing any one of the essential nutrients the body wont function properly. Whether thats lack of protein/amino acids or a deficiency such as b12 or iodine healthy body functions will be impaired.

Date: September 04, 2010 12:20PM

Thats why I put up my blood tests, racing videos, shopping videos, talking videos etc so people have transparency of what I actually do. Cos its easy to be a critic when we are a faceless avitar.. smiling smiley

I push the carb angle cos that is what science proves. When we eat a high carb diet from whole plant food sources, we AUTOMATICALLY get enough fat and protein.

Just look at my latest blood tests..that proves it all. 9 years vegan and over 100 000miles pedalled on up to 70 bananas a day.. smiling smiley

Its hard not to be fanatical when you feel this good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables