Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting Inspiration
Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: August 19, 2010 09:44PM

Anyone know of any inspirational videos or books etc for fasting motivation etc...
The Fasting Path by Stephen Harrod Buhner is my fav. book on the subject.
I want to do a juice fast to up-regulate my receptors.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting Inspiration
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 20, 2010 04:26AM

I can give you motivation from my own recent experience with juice fasting.
It restored me to the highest level of physical/mental/spiritual well being that I have felt in years.And I did only 4 days.A milder form of the fast has just about become my normal way of eating.About 80% fruit and veggie juices,and about 20% raw salads,daily.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2010 04:27AM by eaglefly.

Date: August 21, 2010 06:18PM

HUmanizing the Human
I use the term human, humanizing, or humanization in the positive sense as representing the evolution towards the higher qualities of being human. This process involves liberation from pathological social conventions and the culture saturated mind. That is humanization or spiritualization is the Source recovery of the wild or cosmic human who is fully empowered and so being exhibits the noble qualities associated with aliveness, openness and love. Whereas the Borg is the unconscious, unthinking acceptance of the spoon feed cultural constructs and the disowning of ones own personal reality. The authentic “pure” human exhibits fluidity, truth and the spontaneous high energy of multidimensional being plugged into the Universe at large. The sovereign is "truth-being" while the default constructs of cultural normalization turn the unignited into a single dimensional machine with limited brain growth, truncated spirituality and vulnerable to the false reward system of the substitute gratifications composing the commercial world. The true human exhibits a tonality of Spirit where movement-wholeness-openness allow a reciprocal connection to the field of knowing (gnosis) and the receptivity to pure primordial being…(what we call soul).

"When you stop shaping your own reality someone else it doing it for you." Neil Kramer [www.redicecreations.com]

The short way of saying this is that the Borg represents a machine-like death of the human spirit...and the consequent death of the planet, and everything we touch, through lack of cosmic integration or divine connection.

Since the foods and substances of Borg culture is how we maintain our devitalized state in order to fit into the dense material world through killing our own spirit...it is through fasting that we most quickly recover our higher human sensibilities. Fasting allows for detoxification of all that blocks our receptors, and prevents the full flow of energy, consciousness and matter around the body. Once we stop our life-suspending habits we quickly rectify the cosmic being within that we have held prisoner by internalizing the outer sense of being controlled into our mechanisms of internal restraint and death. Fasting is the quickest way out of the Flatland prison into the multidimensional life of the true human, where we rediscover the complex layers of peripheral vision and telescope out to the larger perspective. Where the suffering of the separated ego “cut off” from cosmic unity is healed once and for all in the call to compassionate global dharma, through the seamless flow of lifeforce.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 22, 2010 09:34AM

hey jananabanana

did u write that ( all the stuff above)

or was it a quote

i liked buhner's book
especially the first half

i've seen gazillions of posts on this message board
but the one above is probably the first one that fully caught my attention

nicely written
beautifully stated

all of it

true

from my point of view

Date: August 22, 2010 12:01PM

Yep, thats me, I am writing a book on awakening sovereignty.
[jana-sovereignstate.blogspot.com]

Autotelic means "having a purpose in and not apart from itself." An autotelic activity is one that we do for its own sake because experiencing it is the main goal. The autotelic individual is someone who does things for their own sake, rather than to achieve some future goal. Our Borg imperative or machine-motivation is involved in forever “doing” towards a goal and this creates time-stress. This dissociated drive occurs because we have left our center and moved out of our felt-experience. That is we are not in control but have reverted to default automation. Autotelic mastery is when we are able to unify into a cohesive, supra-intelligent whole, through interpenetration of the multidimensional layers of being. To become a cohesive whole we need to tacitly understand about the interactive reflective nature of the Janus…the inner and outer man.

Once we grok the nature of mirrored reality we can take response-ability for what we perceive. If we are having trouble with the outer Borg in certain relationship difficulties or reoccurring problems we can do various things to adjust the frequency of our consciousness. The first line of detox is rapid strong huffing to get rid of anger or irritation. Toning, sungazing and running water are some of the best defraggers. Running and aerobic exercise gets rid of feeling out of sorts and most forms of imbalance. Fasting is one of the most reliable methods of rapidly elevating our worldview and experience. By processing the internal repercussions of dealing with the Borg we free ourselves from our own aggressive or depressive mechanisms of spiritual default and shutdown…to set our spirit free.

The Peanut Experiment:
Try the following experiment to realize the nottwo of metabolism, perception and experience, and the mirrored nature of reality.
You will notice that it is not just transfats that are a spanner in the works of our spirituality. Any oxidized or heat damage fat acts to reduce our Presence and interfere with our coherence and ability to incarnate. For an experiment eat 1 or 2 cups of roasted peanuts…and the next day see how people react to you. You will find that no matter how much you try to connect and resonate with others there will be this off beat barrier to doing so. Sure you may look a little puffy under the eyes which could be a little off putting, but really the dissonance is internal in the heart-brain communication link which has been interfered with by the heat damaged fats in the peanuts. Roasted peanuts do not contain hydrogenated (trans-) fats and so it is oxidation heat damage to the monounsaturated oil in the peanuts, plus perhaps glycation of the protein and carbohydrates that acts to cause dis-communication in the body…which translates as discommunion with others. Communication with the Self, or love, is communion with the All.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 22, 2010 05:48PM

I don't think I could eat 2 cups of peanuts. I am not an elephant. But it's an interesting hypothesis. I suppose this is why I have felt mood droppy after several days of gourmet raw. It is hard to discern, however, whether the inability to communicate with people is the result of a biochemical reaction of myself and the nuts or myself with the peculiar biochemistry of SAD-ists . . .

Date: August 22, 2010 08:43PM

it is true jananabanana

that communing with self is the very best way of communing with all
otherwise without the ability to fully commune with self, all other communications are simply a distraction towards the primary goal which is self integration which is the source of true love which can then be expended to others simply by one's presence alone

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: August 23, 2010 04:20AM

i like this talk a great deal!

david

Date: August 23, 2010 05:56AM

hey jana

i like your blog
tis true
that self autonomy e.g. "sovereignty" is the only true security
thank for affirming this

Date: August 23, 2010 01:25PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey jana
>
> i like your blog
> tis true
> that self autonomy e.g. "sovereignty" is the only
> true security
> thank for affirming this

Obsolutely. Just think about it.

If we are not rooted into our core being and into the cosmos (God) then no matter how much money, weapons, friends, castles and motes we have...we are never secure...for we are not really here! Consider also that if we are not stable and harmonious in our own being, it is even more unlikely we will find peace through relationship. Sovereignty is the opposite of dependency and it is through our autonomy that we can have relationships that uplift and make sense. In one way or another life without sovereignty is conscious or unconscious pain.

Date: August 23, 2010 04:17PM

jana says:

<<In one way or another life without sovereignty is conscious or unconscious pain.>>

conversely, true sovereignty
spells out

H - A- P- P- I-N-E-S-S-s

in every and any moment

still reading your blog

Date: August 23, 2010 11:19PM

Yes.
Happiness is security and stress is insecurity. Since sovereignty is the only real security there is, that means that happiness the same thing as sovereignty. Thus because the inner and the outer are one, this means that sovereignty is both the most selfish and the most magnanimous and generous way of being. For only through sovereignty are we fully alive, and only by being fully alive do we have anything of real value to give to the evolution and betterment of humanity.

The thing that struck me with the movie Inception, is that when we spontaneously jump from one level of lucidity to the next higher reality...becoming self-conscious of the previous level as the eye of awareness telescopes out...there is a sudden shock or pop from one level to the next. In this movie these travelers are conscious dream level jumpers and so for them there is no pop of greater lucidity between the levels. Knowing the enigmatic nature of mind...I would say that the potential for jumping to increasing levels of perception is infinite. This movie gives one a very real sense of depth penetration...and in this sense is an excellent learning devise for the expansion of consciousness. Climbing teaches us if we stay open to the continued learning experience it offers. If we have enough energy to overcome the Borg-like shut down of the right-brain's novelty seeking function, then the left-brain doesn't slump into fossiled routine ritualistic consciousness. Thus when the hemispheres are balanced we remain open to learning and not resistant to the interpenetration of levels and perspectives. It is this lability perhaps what we mean by being freed from the ego or Borg programming (fundamentalism). Labile means open to change or adaptable. An emotionally labile person is constantly undergoing or likely to undergo change. Not that habits are not important to a fully functional life, but that we must be weary of going to sleep and losing the Sovereign Eye as we perform our repetitive tasks…for without sovereignty there is no real choice…and without choice we are not living our own life.

Paul Levy talks about the paralytic shock of jumping levels here:
[www.realitysandwich.com]

The sense of Armageddon or the lust for death occurs at the end of any state, phase, stage, era or eon...where we have an internal desire to die to the old forms. We project this death urge onto the world, build up a myth about it, generate paranoia that "they" are out to get us, and force ourself into a crisis situation in order to get the necessary breakdown/breakthrough event. As the stability of the old self reaches maximum chaos through the buildup of tension, paradox and performative contradiction, the new, deeper and more cohesive level of awareness is able to cut through the conflict and reestablish a sense of identity at an expanded more mature level. During the rebirthing process we become paralyzed by the endorphins produced as the influx of greater awareness stupifies and stuns the lower former bodymind. This shock process largely occurs because we have tended to build cultures of fear and resistance....due to our inexperience of how to apply compassionate awareness or heart-intelligence to the process of evolution itself...thus our growth tends to be forced, punctuated, divergent, dispersed and with periodic regression...not the smooth transitioning path of a truly conscious species in which growth is as natural as breathing. Indeed, not even our breathing is natural anymore.

Date: August 24, 2010 04:57AM

i agree
diving into further layers of depth perception is , unlike the ocean's depth,
infinite
the problem may arise when one's lucidity is out of sync with that of the borg

that could create the perception of greater separation
which could be painful
the thing then is to embrace the borg for what it is
a scared lost child
and have compassion

in compassion
there is no separation
and the borg is then seen as simply the disowned parts of ourselves
if i give myself a hug
then maybe the borg will become something else
transformed

miraculously

hmm... i wonder what it will turn into

fun to wonder, sometimes... i mean, what else is there left to do
but ponder
as we traverse through this hilarious infinite dimension posing as finitie 3-D matrix

Posted by: pineapplegirl ()
Date: August 24, 2010 06:30PM

Janabanana...

how does one deal with the bouts of fear

that sometimes occur while fasting? kind of like self doubt or fear of something...

i do like the highs that also occur while fasting.

Date: August 24, 2010 08:24PM

For fear you need more alkalinizing minerals...green drinks, thermal minerals, magnesium citrate...topical magnesium oil. Once the body shifts over to fat burning metabolism fear disappears. Exercise, stretching, sunshine and breaking also reduce fear, as does massage of adrenal glands, vibration of skin/muscles. Drinking heaps of water and taking long Epsom salt baths also reduce fear. Walking out under the stars while contemplating infinity also blow open the impulse to contract.

Posted by: pineapplegirl ()
Date: August 24, 2010 09:25PM

thank you Janabanana,

i do have some liquid magnesium i keep in my refrigerator.

today is first day of my fast, but it will be water only,

and for the next few days, weeks maybe,

i will drink my favorite combo of raw organic celery, cucumber and kale juices and fast on those.

tonight is a full moon, maybe i will walk around and stare up at it and the stars like you suggested.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2010 09:26PM by pineapplegirl.

Date: August 26, 2010 06:50AM

stars are good
mighty good in fact

Date: September 02, 2010 03:57PM

A model society starts out with basic human decency and good will. But for this to occur there must be a deep ground of physical vitality and sense of ascendancy or limitlessness...for the human spirit is born through the awe of potentiality. To not broach new frontiers is ignore-ance, for there are always new frontiers. To be human is to be a dweller of the frontier.

[www.lifephysicsgroup.org]

Date: September 03, 2010 05:57PM

to not be in awe
is to ignore what the universe is vastly comprised of

the only way to be centered
is to surrender to the unknown

completely

fasting is like that
it is its own inspiration

Date: September 04, 2010 05:27PM

Fighting the destruction of the human species starts with something as simple as NOT buying pasturized almonds. Being a raw foodist, almonds were my "meat." For the past 3 years they are killed before they ever get to me. Health deteriorating...will to live zapped...I finally got around to making the commitment to buy alive Almonds from Jaffe Bros online. I at least am not going to go down with the good ship US Empire.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: September 05, 2010 01:19PM

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but the books by Arnold Ehret are some of my favourites!

Date: September 06, 2010 08:32AM

ehret always gets to the point
no fluff
no fillers
the real deal

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables