Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Luscious!
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 09, 2010 10:04AM

Here are pictures of some purdy exotic fruits. There are a few I have not seen before.

[blog.hotelclub.com]

[blog.hotelclub.com]

Seeing the guava reminded me of hiking in Hawaii with ripe guava on the trail and filling the air with it's intoxicating scent.

This has reminded me not to get in a rut eating the same fruits day after day.

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Luscious!
Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: September 09, 2010 12:47PM

I've only tried jakfruit (awesome!), dragonfruit (don't remember), and kumquats (yuck, too sour). The African cucumber looks crazy!

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Posted by: omega-3 ()
Date: September 09, 2010 04:51PM

That is so awesome. I wish I had access to them.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 10, 2010 08:00AM

I LOVE lychee, it is NOT the texture of grapes, so please dont expect grapes or the texture may creep you out more if you ever try them cause your not expecting it,lol... they are kinda firm like a grape, but slightly slimy, and softer when ripe, and they taste like a perfume rose smells... $6 a pound here, but they are small, so like 3-5 only cost me around .50 to $1 if they are bigger than normal, and really weirdly delicious... definitely worth a try if you can find some!

I love star fruit, they are just amazing... to me a ripe star fruit tastes more like a mix between green apple, melon, and pineapple, I didn't really get "kiwi" out of it, but we all have different tastes...

Like kumquats, but wow they where definitely super sour... But I like sour!

and Durian, the last of the list I have tried...I cant really stand it, it tasted good, but It was weird, I just couldn't get past the smell, and did not like the texture at all...

I REALLY wanna try dragonfruit someday, that just looks awesome...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: September 10, 2010 12:55PM

Only a few I haven't tried- african cucumber, jackfruit, snake fruit, rose apple and santol.

I think I love mangosteen the best. The taste is so fragrant and unusual! Sapodillas (chikoos) are a close second. They taste like caramel smiling smiley

Another cool link, Trive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables