Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I ran another half marathon yesterday..
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 13, 2010 11:34AM

Sunshine coast half marathon. 1:25:53

Here is the data. (HR values not accurate.)
[connect.garmin.com]

Just had a glass of water before the race and no food. So does that mean if I can run a half marathon on 'no food' I should be a breatharian then? smiling smiley

Let me explain...I didnt have any breakfast before the race. It started at 6am. I ate 4000cals yesterday from bananas for breakfast and lunch and only 3 for dinner. Drank 2 litres of water on its own too.

So I woke up super light, hydrated and full of glycogen and ready to crank. I did ride a bit too hard the day before on the bike with some 20min hill intervals. That wasnt a good idea for the race, speed wise. Got a full distance marathon coming up in October (my 3rd for the year) and a 10km this Sunday. All the raw/vegan runners are inspiring me.

Immediately after the race I slowly drank 2 litres of water and ate some watermelon and when I got home, I had the usual banana/date feast to restock the glycogen for tomorrows, pursuits both mental and physical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2010 11:35AM by durianrider.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I ran another half marathon yesterday..
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 13, 2010 03:44PM

I've got a marathon in October and so far this year have run 4 10k's (pb in one),
1 10miler and 4 half marathons. So far I have got 5 bronze awards at my club in my age group ( I'm 47) for 5 different distances - just the marathon to go to get the full set!! I'm after the silvers next year although they seem very out of reach right now.

I doubt my times would inspire you though!! smiling smiley

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 14, 2010 01:38AM

Its all about our individual effort vs achievement. Doesnt matter how far/fast/slow we are running, if we aint giving our best and having fun..its all for nothing.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: September 14, 2010 05:19PM

Way to go Harley and flipper!

Ive run 4 shorter distance races this year. Two 3K, one 4K and one 5K. Ive won a medal at 3 of them, thats with only running 3k/week for practice. Hurray to low fat, fruits and veg diet!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2010 05:22PM by WorkoutMan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables