Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what did Daniel Vitalis eat as a raw vegan?
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 17, 2010 09:00AM

Maybe Ive been a bit harsh on him lately..

[www.30bananasaday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 09:00AM by durianrider.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what did Daniel Vitalis eat as a raw vegan?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 17, 2010 02:25PM

I've watched many of his videos and he struck me as a fascinating geek: very, scary smart about this, that, and this, too. But not about that thing over there at all, at all. So now he's Paleo/John The Baptisty, huh? An anticipated transition in his case, methinks.

Why the fear of fruit? Seriously.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: September 17, 2010 09:25PM

why be harsh on anyone? eat and let eat. why all of the put down and attack videos? Susan Schenk, Dan Vitalis, ... where does it stop?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 09:26PM by pborst.

Date: September 17, 2010 10:07PM

Paul,

Daniel Vitalis was rah-rah raw veg, starved himself on an unscientific journey to craft esoteric "elixirs," and reverted to eating a variety of animal tissues, bless him. It isn't a matter of demeaning him as a person; it is a matter of illustrating the pitfalls of doing this regimen in a way that harms the body, resulting in failure, loss of faith from those attempting to follow one's example and advice, and, potentially, loss of credibility of other proponents of the raw veg life, by association.

There is a lot of this going on, and a conceivable outcome is continued discreditation of vegetarianism in general. This isn't me being paranoid: just check out Mercola's preposterous offering from this morning and the vegetarian witch hunting that ensued in the comments below. I'm not suggesting that there's an anti plant eater Inquisition coming, merely that pro-meat people have increasingly more influence in society, and this is very troubling to me. I wish Daniel Vitalis best of luck,and certainly am not surprised at how his journey has progressed. But because of his past advocating, his history merits scrutiny, IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 10:08PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: September 18, 2010 06:41AM

Daniel Vitalis strikes me as a charming person with an aura of tribal ancestry around him. People have the right to choose what they eat and I will never condemn others for their choices, for who am I to do it? I also think that when choosing one's diet, it is worthwhile checking the empirical data available. What's the point on going for a long-term experiment and possibly suffer irreparable consequences if these can be avoided by applying lessons learned in the past.

So, as I often do, I went for a little trip to Web of Science database to look for some papers on the topic of Eskimos longevity, which I think is very relevant to the topic at hand. First, I found a paper published in 1958, which I thought to be particularly useful as it includes very early 19th century reports on the health of the Eskimos and makes remarks on their earlier days, and we are talking here about the centuries of experience... Read further in "Some ramblings on PALEO diet"

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: September 18, 2010 12:36PM

rawgosia,

Excellent scholarly work at that blog post. Thank you for taking the trouble smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 18, 2010 01:50PM

That brings me back how do Eskimos not suffer from scurvy?

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: September 18, 2010 02:56PM

i don't know who he is. i don't even have any interest to look it up.

Date: September 18, 2010 05:40PM

powerlifer,

The Inuit have traditionally made do with the fat soluble vitamins in offal[nose-to-tail eating, y'all]; caribou and seal eyeballs are high in Vitamin C, for example. It's truly subsistence eating, which is why I have always scoffed at anyone's example of this population as super healthy, my respect for their culture notwithstanding.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 18, 2010 06:13PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> powerlifer,
>
> The Inuit have traditionally made do with the fat
> soluble vitamins in offal; caribou and seal
> eyeballs are high in Vitamin C, for example. It's
> truly subsistence eating, which is why I have
> always scoffed at anyone's example of this
> population as super healthy, my respect for their
> culture notwithstanding.

Thanks for that tamukha, ive never read that before so cheers for that info. I think ill keep to fruits/vegetables for my vitamin C though hehesmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables