Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why Your Blood Type Should Play No Part in Nutritional Choices
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: September 22, 2010 04:04PM

I frequently hear people tell me that a certain food isn't good for their blood type, and I"m always left thinking: what could they possibly be talking about?.

I recently decided to look into the science behind the Blood Type diet to see what all the fuss is about, and unsurprisingly, there's not much there.

For a full review of the diet, check out: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why Your Blood Type Should Play No Part in Nutritional Choices
Posted by: rab ()
Date: September 22, 2010 04:17PM

Not according to this guy:
[www.unveilingthem.com]

The Blood Typing Farce: Nearly 95% of the population, who have blood type O and A which are the thinnest blood and lowest blood volume, and blood type B, have copper deficiency, due to slow poisoning from blood thinners, alkaline & acidic chemicals (any non-neutral), copper binders, and copper antagonists, that they have completely and thoroughly saturated the food and food chain and water sources with. These are in addition to wireless radiation and vaccine poisons particularly the mercury, which are quicker and more effective methods for depleting copper, and are primary methods for expediting our death. These poisons have altered and damaged the proteins/DNA of the blood and other tissues of the body, with the damage (and deficiency) passing down through the generations. Starting in 1996, the copper depletion rate was significantly increased and coincides with the onslaught of GMO foods (genetically damaged foods), chemtrails, wireless technology, increasing prevalence of diseases and debilitating symptoms/conditions, weakened immune system, decreasing birth rate, increasing deaths/death rate, and decreasing lifespan.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 22, 2010 04:24PM

All I know is that I think I have 0- or something and that I supposedly should be eating meat and I had digestive issues growing up DUE TO MEAT! It wasn't what prompted me to become a vedge, but reflecting upon it, I stopped having all these symptoms when the dead flesh left my diet.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 22, 2010 05:07PM

And I'm not s'posed to eat avocado's according to d'Adamo - you must be joking!!!!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2010 05:11PM

I heard a Gabriel Cousins lecture where he addressed this issue a few years ago. He said then that the scientist whose work the Blood Type Diet book was based on called it "wild extrapolation". The author had taken some solid research (lectins in blood react to certain food groups, causes platelets to stick together similar to an allergic reaction) and sensationalized it for profit. So there you go, there is info on blood type foods in Conscious Eating but I don't believe that a full avoidance is neccessary, perhaps just minimizing those foods in general IF they make you feel not so hot.
I am also O-neg and do not thrive on a high meat diet as I am supposed to. I do know that I feel better when I vary my diet, consuming a wide variety of plant foods, nuts and seeds. That's the best for me, zero meat & dairy, very little grains (the opposite of the O-neg diet).

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 22, 2010 08:05PM

I have read the actual clinical monograph by D'Adamo, rather than the diet version, and it gave me pause to discover that as a B type with some ancient Asian ancestry, I should avoid buckwheat. An Asian seed eaten by my ancestors for millenia. I should avoid it. Whaa?!

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: September 23, 2010 12:08AM

Well, maybe buckwheat was never in their (Asians') diet and your recessive (Asian) gene has taken over when God was giving out blood types. As you can see, I am not entirely certain how this all works. In any case, maybe these dietary recommendations hinge on just how much of a certain food a person eats. Maybe a little bit doesn't matter.

If a person doesn't have an outright allergy, I say eat what you like until such time as you have some sort of test to absolutely prove that some item is definitely bad for you. Buckwheat is a nice winter food - cooked, of course.

I suspect that d'Adamo's claims have a grain of truth to them; he took that little particle and ran with it and sucked a bunch of people into buying his books. The ABO system isn't the only blood typing system: suppose that under a different system there were other dietary recommendations that conflicted with d'Adamo's. Then we would need a supercomputer to devise our diets.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: September 28, 2010 01:05AM

How come A'damo doesnt factor in his book the few billion people that daily eat frog, roach, dog, cat and or rat? I guess his target audience wouldnt want to read that.

"If your type 0 (I am) a good recipie is eating a cat after it has eaten a frog" What a joke..

Great article again Andrew, your really popping them out and you need to spam them more cos that sort of stuff needs to be mainstream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables