Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

MSM for children?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 20, 2010 01:51PM

I've been taking MSM in my raw smoothies for a few months now. Does anyone know if it's ok for young kids? I have two boys 14months and 5yrs.

thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Nick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MSM for children?
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 23, 2010 06:38PM

Some on here may disagree with me, but chemistry is one thing in good at, and all I can tell you is look up the chemical components of MSM, and the resulting gas, its been known to be deadly since be4 big pharma even existed, and check out the large number of cases where people have suffered extreme damage form this stuff, with some, its even destroyed their thyroid... personally, I think its perfectly safe to use topically in small amounts, not on your face...but ingesting it is just asking for some seriously bad long term side effects, most likely permanent, and one only has to look at its chemical composition and how it acts on tissues to see why...

So to answer your question, if you are even slightly responsible, if you care about your kids, even if you dont believe a word ive said, keep taking MSM for a year or so first, then if you still feel great on it, then think about giving it to your kids...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 23, 2010 08:03PM

Adults, because they have been alive for decades already and may have accumulated a lot of toxins and thus may have organs which are no longer functioning as well as in childhood, may benefit from MSM. But a growing child fed a healthy diet will not need to intake additional sulfurs for proper growth. I cannot think of a single reason why it would be necessary.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 28, 2010 02:29AM

actually, my bad, im not even sure what MSM is, I thought you where talking about MMS I retract my statements.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables