Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wafting grapes
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: September 28, 2010 12:12PM

The fragrance of ripe grapes is in the air here. Bicycling into the town forest led me to a nice little grape patch. Similar experiences?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wafting grapes
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: September 28, 2010 12:24PM

Date: September 28, 2010 01:17PM

Thanks, rawgosia. I felt the grapes had something to do with it, like they were saying "come find me".

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 28, 2010 02:08PM

Hide and seek with healthy food--LOVE it!!!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 28, 2010 05:26PM

wow

wonderful

smell of grapes wwafting in the air

sounds like paradise to me

biking to get some grapes?

awesomesmiling smiley

Posted by: brome ()
Date: September 28, 2010 06:29PM

I picked alot of wild California Grapes that grow along the river here. Really excellent concentrated flavor and sweetness. The ones I left out on the patio a few years ago got better and better as they dried during the winter.

A vineyard of Concord grapes was abandoned for a few years. Without any irrigation or care the grapes developed super concentrated flavor and sweetness, really excellent.

What kind of grapes did you encounter Loeve?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 06:32PM by brome.

Date: September 29, 2010 01:02AM

Brome,

I stopped earlier at a patch of wild grapes that were known to me to taste like Concords but could only find a few. Later in the day I bicycled into the forest and actually went just past some without noticing until the fragrance registered. I turned around and there they were, growing in the understory, not very sweet but large and plump in nice little clusters. I'm guessing they are the native New England grapes, which look like concords though don't always have that outstanding flavor.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 29, 2010 02:23AM

Ive had a similar experience with mushrooms, many times actually, My favorite was when hiking off trail up in the mountains one year, smelled the distinct scent of red hots candy, followed my nose to a patch of delicious matsutake! a bit old, but still good! and as I was climbing down an embankment to head towards a creek I could hear, I realized that all these little bulges on the side, where mushrooms as well! turned out to be baby matsutake!!! would have eaten them, but being worth $25 each, I thinned out the crop, and took the babies down to SF, made almost a grand off that trip, still pick matsutake in that spot till this day but they haven't been worth nearly as much the last few years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: October 02, 2010 10:21AM

The mushrooms are all over here this fall season though it's more the different shapes and colors that I'm drawn too, like a white softball or a little hut. I wish I could sense them better.

I can't quite figure the meaning of the scents, whether it's plant communication or our spidey senses at work...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables