Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where do you get your probiotics?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 01, 2010 08:03PM

For those of you who don't drink kombucha, water kefir, or use fermented foods, where do you get your probiotics?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where do you get your probiotics?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 01, 2010 09:25PM

I thought that eventually some flora will start to grow in your gut according to what you tend to consume. Its only when there is a major upset that it need to be replaced, like taking antibiotics, or large amounts of alcohol. I could be entirely wrong. But I recall reading a N.H. raw foodist scoff at most probiotics or yogurt and like products having any real value.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 02, 2010 07:38AM

As mislu has said many of the fibres present in raw foods and Fructooligosaccharides etc all help feed the good flora.

But as for a straight probiotic source to repopulate the flora there really isnt any.

I forgot to PM you back will get onto that now sorry.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: October 03, 2010 12:24PM

Garden Of Life Primal Defense Ultra. After using probiotics for years, that's one of the most potent ones. Plus it has Saccharomyces boulardii which provides the correct B-12, Vit D & other nutrients we need. I've had to many health benefits from it in strengthening my immune system, healing candida/digestive issues, etc.

Fermented food I found isn't always the greatest. I guess if it's super fresh & in very small quantities it can be ok. Not prepackaged kombucha though. Always experiment & pay attention to your body.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: October 03, 2010 12:28PM

Fermented foods should be made at home or from a source that you know has made them fresh. Most store bought is heated which means little to no good bacteria aswell as preservatives.

Water kefir is my preference for repopulating the good flora.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables