Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

warrior style ?
Posted by: paulieGB ()
Date: October 03, 2010 05:12PM

Hi,

Does anyone fast all day and then eat late afternoon and evening ?

If so what do you eat ?

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: warrior style ?
Posted by: CoeyCoey ()
Date: October 03, 2010 05:22PM

I have been working in alternate day fasting and I find I like it very much. I skip food one day, and eat all I want to the next. Right now I am on day 2 of a 5 day fast. Well, it might be shorter then 5 days. We will seewinking smiley

When I do eat, I find I enjoy the food so much more. I tend to focus on nutrient dense foods such as most vegetables, some fruits, and minimal nuts.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 03, 2010 05:23PM

Training for The Crusades, paulie? smiling smiley

Date: October 03, 2010 05:28PM

Lol Tamukka smiling smiley

CoeyCoey, how long have you been alternate day fasting ?
Do you eat raw vegtables ?
how do you eat ?

Date: October 03, 2010 05:54PM

Paul,

Just a few weeks now. I started to question the idea of "grazing" as being the best way for us to eat a few months ago. This was because of some studies I read concerning athletes and fasting. It showed that athletes who exercise before eating show better fat metabolism, greater endurance, and a reduced "bonking" effect. From this I started trying to work out in the morning before I ate and I found I bonked so hard that I could barely lift my legs while running in place.

So, I started to research fat metabolism and there was a lot of information that pointed toward fasting to increase fat metabolism. So I started playing around with skipping food for a day and I found I didn't want to do anything. I didn't even want to get up and felt really lethargic. However, after three or four fasting days (not all in a row), I am able to remain quite active and even do light exercise.

The theory is that if you "graze" your body develops its carb burning metabolism but your fat burning metabolism slows to a crawl. By doing an alternate fasting diet, you can develop both. Kind of like doing cardio one day and weights the next.

I eat mostly raw vegetables and fruits, with a limited amount of nuts. The nuts aren't always raw because it can be hard to find raw nuts easily when traveling.

Date: October 03, 2010 06:33PM

Thanks very much Coey,
Do you eat avocado's ?
I guess you are following a low fat diet ?

Date: October 03, 2010 06:49PM

I love avocados and I do eat them often.

Even with the avocados and nuts I eat, my diet still is less then 15% fat or so. I am probably closer to a 70-15-15 diet.

Date: October 03, 2010 06:52PM

Do you get many calories in ?
How do you eat your vegetables in salads ?
Does that include root veggies ?

Thanks,

Date: October 03, 2010 06:53PM

BTW, I just ran a couple miles which is huge for me considering I haven't consumed any food in the last 42 hours. I actually felt pretty good. My energy was probably 60-65% of my carb loaded energy, whereas before I would say is was below 20%. I am thoroughly convinced nowsmiling smiley Not very hungry right now. Just a very very mild headache.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables