Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Skeptisism Video
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2010 02:32AM

Has anyone from this forum seen this video before?

What are your thoughts?

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Skeptisism Video
Posted by: rab ()
Date: December 13, 2010 05:04AM

That is a political video, annoying from the start. Comparing raw vegans to fundamentalists? That is something that public media does all the time, vegans are all crazy and meat and potato people are smart and "normal". The video deserves no attention whatsoever, it has bad intentions and is not based on any science.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:03AM

At first I thought it was good... it makes people think about their choices, challenges the raw food ideals -- and that is never a bad thing. But then it became propoganda and included too much false statements and twisted logic. Unfortunate. It is a well put together video and clearly the person that created it spent a lot of time and energy working on it.

It could have been a great thought provoking video about raw foods and the pros and cons of the diet. But it lost too much credibility with me.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:44AM

I thought there were some fair points throughout it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2010 11:49AM

Hmm a lot of claims, but no back-up. I noticed that 'Raw and Living Food' logo and caption appeared quite often during the commentary. It seems the author aquired much of the context from our website.

You know, I often wonder what benefits these people gain from inaccurate adverts such as that one. There's sooo much garbage out there, yet people I know continue to quote me this or that website as promoting something they say is true. I ask them if the site provided any references, and lo and behold 'don't no', is usually the answer. I don't understand why people believe on heresay alone.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 13, 2010 01:44PM

I'm guessing the poster is a doctrinaire medical student; witness his sarcy delivery and haughty ripostes to commenters recommending raw foodism. This is not really a disinterested critique--too much ridiculing.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 13, 2010 07:44PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm guessing the poster is a doctrinaire medical
> student;

You know, I wondered that at first too... thinking perhaps it was a thesis of sorts. But then...

I hope not! I would agree based on attitude alone, but there were a lot of overly dramatic statements made and some very basic facts were wrong... such as saliva digests protein.

I had to laugh at this statement pertaining to feeding kids a vegan diet and accompanied by a photo of a vegan supplement:
I'm all for freedom of lifestyle so long as the innocent aren't harmed.
Now, doesn't that sound like a line that PeTa would use against feeding meat? LOL

And the pictures of algae and his horror at eating the stuff. I would LOVE to see his anti-vegan algae montage next to an anti-meat roadkill montage! winking smiley

I especially like this one:
It is true that all animals, which includes our shared primate ancestors, are unable to cook their food and have adapted to a raw diet.
Such a spin master!

And finally:
You can get a normal amount of nutrients in raw food, but not without some careful planning and monitoring.
Now wouldn't that statement hold true for any way of eating?

This is a person that either didn't proof his statements well, or doesn't realize the irony of what he is saying.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2010 07:50PM by RocketShip.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 13, 2010 10:46PM

RocketShip,

This is a person that either didn't proof his statements well, or doesn't realize the irony of what he is saying.

My guess is the latter, based on his tone. You know, most med students get less than four hours of nutrition instruction. In, what, six years of schooling? Eight? It explains a lot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables