Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Health improvements at any age?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 17, 2011 09:48PM

I am curious if healthy living changes can be adopted at any age? I often get the impression that a lot of people think changes with benefits are only available for the young or middle aged. I would like to know what is the experience of people at different ages. More interesting would be those that have lived not so healthy most of their life, and then changed rather late in life, what improved? What was perhaps difficult?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Health improvements at any age?
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 17, 2011 10:12PM

I think as long as your body is taking in oxygen and there is cell regeneration,in other words...being alive...its never too late.
The same bodily functions are happening whether you are 9 or 90.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 10:13PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 18, 2011 04:49AM

i agree its never too late !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 18, 2011 07:31AM

mislu says:

<<I am curious if healthy living changes can be adopted at any age?>>

i can't think of a single reason as to why not
unless a person specifically had a resolute agenda to NOT improve

but if a person has a resolute agenda TO improve
and were excited about implementing that agenda

i honestly can't think of one reason why changes can't be adopted on SOME level

it could be as small as forgoing certain items

or consuming more of certain items

or getting a little more exercise than a person did yesterday etc.

changes don't have to be overly dramatic in order to be a change

if there is a will, there must be a way

it is ludicrous to think that changes can't be made when one reaches a certain age

unless it is the individual's will to NOT change

but that could be true for any age

look at how stubborn a 2 year old can be

grinning smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 18, 2011 10:52AM

Its never too late to improve your health, i mean one good example is as you get older your stomach acid lowers which can cause alot of problems such as osteoporosis, increasing stomach acid with bitter herbs is one choice that can help alot, as many vitamins and minerals as acid dependent for absorption.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 18, 2011 01:49PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...I often get the impression
> that a lot of people think changes with benefits
> are only available for the young or middle aged.
Well, they certainly have fewer Toxins to eliminate than an
older Body that has abused itself for 20, 30, or even more Years.
After detoxification, a Quantum eating program should be followed.....WY

Date: January 18, 2011 03:12PM

Wow, great input from everyone. I am currently taking a class in Anatomy and Physiology, actually starting the second semester. The topics have increased dramatically in complexity. Its so old school as far as nutrition goes. The usual ideas about protein, vitamins seem to be coming up. I just started reading about blood, and almost immediately they brought up vitamin 12 and strict vegetarians. Apparently they think all vegans will have trouble with this nutrient, and suffer numerous health problems.

I have continuously thought "here we go again" almost during all the class last semester. It then occured to me that what criteria are they using to evaluate peoples nutritional needs? I honestly don't know. I mean I know they draw blood, and test it, but how does anyone know if the theory behind everything is accurate?

It reminds me of the story about those poor elephants who were bottle fed cream, how they all died. Someone thought that because it was such a large animal, its milk must be high in fat. It wasn't until they actually tested it, they found its actually pretty close to skim milk. So I know that the general consciousness for human and animal health has at times been entirely off. But I must admit its kind of confusing to constantly be hearing contrary messages from various sources.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 18, 2011 03:58PM

Mislu Wrote:
> ......... But
> I must admit its kind of confusing to constantly
> be hearing contrary messages from various sources.
Don't believe anything you hear and/or read. It amazes me
how far-off mainstream America is....driven by the Dollar.
"Living Foods Lifestyle" is the answer. But it's up to each individual to
discover what that means to Them. It's more than just Food. It involves
exercise, meditation, self-diagnosis, ass-kicking, etc. in order to evolve into the person you were meant to be.....WY

Date: January 18, 2011 04:02PM

Yes, exactly just because someone says something doesn't mean its true.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:04PM

Mislu Wrote:
> Yes, exactly just because someone says something
> doesn't mean its true.

It still amazes me the amount of people that take someones word as gospel without doing any sort of research themselves. Especially when it comes to something as important as health. You only need to look at many youtube videos its scary.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 18, 2011 04:23PM

Mislu, this is a gift. Every time you question something you hear it's a chance to examine it on your own. I think it's wonderful that you are being given these opportunities now, it will greatly enhance your studies. And when you ask these well founded questions of those in authority they may well stop and think from a different point of view. If they are good teachers that is...

Date: January 18, 2011 05:00PM

Coco,
I have observed that the instructor last semester was pretty much against such questions. At one point she actually asked the class if anyone in the class was a vegetarian or vegan. I don't remember the exact question, but it had something to do with amino acid spectrum, and non essential aminos, long branched chain proteins or something. The weird thing was that really was an extension of what was in the book. So, only partly covered in the book. She said it like she had an agenda of some sort. I thought that was pretty strange. Some other comments of hers seemed strange also, some verging on racism. But so stated that it would be difficult to prove. I could have projected on both matters, so I just stayed to the material and didn't make waves. Because there are racial factors when it comes to health, disease etc... As for the nutritional stuff, it was according to common notions. I can't expect these professors to go by anything other than the text.

Date: January 18, 2011 05:30PM

Teachers that arent willing to answer questions is usually a bad sign, ive found many teachers dont even understand the topics there teaching and usually are just reading from the books.

But when you do find a teacher that can answer any extra questions there invaluable ive found.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 18, 2011 11:02PM

Mislu,

Just learn what you need to learn to pass the class, and make sure you maintain a whole spearate set of more accurate, up-to-date information somewhere in your brain for your own use. Oh, and try to put out of your mind how your classmates will be a legion of misniformed brains loosed upon the world. Sorry, that probabaly doesn't help sad smiley

Date: January 19, 2011 12:47PM

Tamukha,
I have learned my lesson as far as answering as expected. In some classes before I didn't do so well, mostly for touching some professors buttons. Those professors could really grade harshly on written questions based on if you have found favor with them or not. I had the organic natural bias, they had the conventional medical bias. But I have final validation in some ways, because many of the problems I saw are now recognized by others. Even though back then they were not popular opinions.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 26, 2011 09:58AM

funny game

school is

(jumping rope over a tall educational institution building)

la la l la la

Date: January 26, 2011 04:00PM

I missed a class today because the snow was a bit too much. But the school didn't call it a snow day, the professor is going to count this as one of my three allowable misses before I fail or what not. I still don't understand his policy, it seems very arrogant, as its really my responsibility to make as many classes as possible, I have also paid for it, so why would I just decide to miss a class out of the blue?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables