Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I still can't get over the ants
Date: February 11, 2011 09:35AM

Reading about DW and the colostrum and the ants rocked my world. I want you guys to weigh in on this stuff:

*ZAPPER

*CALCIUM SHELLED BARNACLES & DSMO

*ZEOLITE

*ORMUS

*FRACTURE FROZEN WATER (I was so excited to try this)

*THE CLAIM THAT IF YOU COMBINE CACAO WITH GOJI THEY PRODUCE SIX TIMES THEIR REGULAR ANTIOXIDANT EFFECT IN YOUR BODY?

*SITTING UNDER A WATERFALL AS THERAPY FOR C-A-U-KNO-WHAT

I was suspicious of the ormus because the ormus man looks unwell, and i am always suspect of people who are unwell telling me about something i can do to get well. But did you see the picture of that cat's tail that regrew? Is it a hoax?

AND WHAT IS THE REAL DEAL, BTW, WITH THE RAW ALMOND LAWS?

AND IS MARANATH "RAW ALMOND BUTTER" REEEEAAAALLY RAW? IT DOESNT SEEM TO ME THAT A COMPANY LIKE MARANATH WOULD CARE IF THE GRINDING TEMP WAS TOO HIGH... AM I WRONG? I ALMOST BOUGHT SOME THE OTHER DAY AND PASSED BECAUSE THE COLOR OF IT DID NOT INSTILL CONFIDENCE.

Help. Meep meep, I'm confused.

I dont want anyone to tell me what to think, I want to know, what is the general consensus of the raw elders, and what does the raw foodist on the street think of these issues?

I'm doubly coufused because Gabriel has a youtube vid out in which he tells the viewer that he thinks David is onto something with his zappers and his barnacles, and he's gonna hop on that wagon too.

What the jackfruit is up?
Sue

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I still can't get over the ants
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: February 13, 2011 04:12AM

I have a zapper, and I love it. Seems to stop me from getting sick, even when I cheat and eat some un-raw food, or go on nasty toxic planes and stuff smiling smiley

I like the thought of ormus, but have no experience with it to share.

Zeolite I have tried, and didn't feel any benefits from, plus it is so expensive!

the cacao/goji thing: I never bought the idea that cacao is good for you. Fun & tasty, yes, but not a viable supplement, not to me anyway. It just feels like a stimulant, affects my sleeping patterns and generally puts me out of whack.

I would suspect you're right about the almond butter.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2011 01:12PM

Also like the zapper, it's on my list of things to eventually purchase.

Ormus never heard of it.

Zeolite is not good stuff from all I've read and heard now, apparently there is something terribly un-good about it actually. There are better heavy metal detoxifiers.

Cacao and gogi, meh. I have some gogi here, they taste like yuck. I'd rather eat wild local berries in season. They have the added bonus of not having to burn jet fuel to get to me too winking smiley.

Almond butter, goes rancid when it's raw in the jar. Best to just eat a handful of fresh raw nuts or seeds. It's not great to overindulge in those anyhow.

Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: February 13, 2011 05:49PM

A lot of the things you mention are expensive supplements that are of questionable utility.

Never tried a zapper; one of my friends loves hers. YMMV.

Zeolite: very $$$, and at least one brand is part of a multilevel marketing scheme. Not as bad as a pyramid scheme, but still, I'd be wary.

If the raw almond butter isn't refrigerated, I would seriously doubt that it is raw. Better to make your own, or as someone else said, just eat the raw almonds themselves. The less processing, the better.

Goji--what's wrong with blueberries?

Cacao--nice for a treat, but not every day. It's a stimulant and some folks are extremely sensitive to it.

I've never bought into the propaganda that the only way to successfully be raw is by lining the pockets of 'raw gurus' who tout really expensive supplements. I'd MUCH rather my money line the pockets of organic farmers (who do not get farm subsidies from the federal government, unlike conventional farmers).

Bottom line--spend your money on whole, fresh, organic FOOD first and foremost; if you have some money left over and want to try some of these things, go ahead, but make *food* your first priority, not supplements. I don't care if they are calling this stuff 'superfoods'; you're better off eating raw fruits and veggies--many of which you can grow yourself right in your own backyard or patio and save lots of money in so doing. How cool is that!?

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 13, 2011 11:51PM

uhm, just wanna say one thing, an organic farm back in my hometown gets a government subsidy, or so they told me, but he said it is much less than what conventional farmers can get... that is the extent of my knowledge about that subject however.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: RawLibrarian ()
Date: February 14, 2011 12:00AM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> uhm, just wanna say one thing, an organic farm
> back in my hometown gets a government subsidy, or
> so they told me, but he said it is much less than
> what conventional farmers can get... that is the
> extent of my knowledge about that subject however.

Thanks for the correction. I am not surprised that organic farmers get far less subsidies than conventional. I stick to my statement that I would rather give organic farmers my money instead of buying supplements.

Date: February 14, 2011 12:20AM

I agree entirely, if they produced everything I needed in a price I can afford, unfortunately, they dont... I need to find some good organic farms in this area, I should start a thread...hmmm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2011 12:28AM

Check out this book Curator
"One Circle" by David Duhon

Date: February 14, 2011 12:29AM

k, thankssmiling smiley

Edit: eh, thats not gonna happen, (checked out the book) there is only one small part of the property I could plant in, I was gonna put the flower garden there, the rest has all sorts of wires and stuff running under it, also the property id say isnt really safe to grow food on anyway, as the landlord sprays poison everywhere, and unfortunately, does not care that we do not want it... I am thinking of doing some more container gardening in my little porch area, I have some rosemary growing there alreadygrinning smiley so maybe some more herbs, or some sweet peas...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 12:32AM by Curator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables