Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Turned raw and having no benifits
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2011 12:01AM

Hello, I'm hoping to get some advice from fellow people in the raw community. I've recently switched from a vegan diet to a raw vegan diet and have been successful for over 30 days now. However I have been less enthused about the switch after receiving little no changes to my physical or mental health. Many raw foodist talk about the change to their lifestyle and the benefits of switching. Loss of weight, clarity of mind, more energy. I have yet to experience any severe changed to my life and it has put me off a bit. Any suggestions or tips?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turned raw and having no benifits
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 13, 2011 12:42AM

Are you 100% raw? I think there's a big difference between all raw and eating some cooked, especially over time.

Date: February 13, 2011 12:48AM

I don't think 30 days is very long at all. Even the most intense work out regimen takes a few months to show. Same with anything else I imagine.

Posted by: merry ()
Date: February 13, 2011 03:42AM

maybe post examples of what you are currently eating and see if any people with more experience can give suggestions ? without knowing what you are eating it may be harder for people to help.

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 13, 2011 05:42AM

Are you eating raw versions of cooked foods ?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 13, 2011 07:21AM

I agree that 30 days is too early to tell. But also, there are lots of things in the standard raw diet that impede healing, things like high fat, salt, bad food combining, simulating super foods, non-raw items like maple syrup, nutritional yeast, miso, nama shoyu, questionably raw nuts, etc.

To see how you can build health with the raw diet, check out the health building information at Raw Food Explained.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 13, 2011 02:43PM

Miso, nutritional yeast etc are healthy. I see no way they could impede any benefits and studies have shown miso to have some great health benefits due to the phyto-estrogens.

It can take time for the benefits, what are you eating? I never noticed any benefit of 100% raw over high raw myself.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 13, 2011 05:12PM

Too soooooooooon, toooo soooooooooon!

Some people experience benefits years after switching, when they think their benefits have all already manifested.

Remember, this isn't a diet--it's a lifestyle!

Date: February 13, 2011 06:27PM

Nicely said Tam. It is not a thing you do, it's a part of who you are and how you live.

The only issue with miso is the high level of salt. If it were salt free I would love it but salty anything is increasingly unappealing to me. Food has a natural sweetness that is only apparent when there is an absolute lack of salt added I find.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 13, 2011 06:56PM

i wonder if .. being that you were already vegan to start with if maybe you are in pretty good health already so wouldnt notice HUGE changes in a short time like some of us more toxified folks grinning smiley

also you dont make mention of your activity levels ..smiling smiley

none-the-less .. congrats on 30 days raw i hope it serves you well smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Laura-Jane ()
Date: February 13, 2011 09:36PM

Patience, my pretty. smiling smiley

Laura-Jane the Rawtarian
[www.therawtarian.com]
[www.rawfooddietplanhq.com]

Date: February 13, 2011 11:44PM

Laura- Jane so nice to see you smiling smiley i loved following your east-coast move blog smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2011 11:55PM

Where is she Jo, she mentioned a small island which made me curious of course. Small island rarely have zoning bylaws so are prime for building with cob winking smiley.

My little man thought that said Jodi the Boob-ist. HA! I breast fed him for too long I think... grinning smiley

Date: February 14, 2011 12:42AM

bwahahahha @!!!! @ Boobist !! grinning smiley i love yer little man grinning smiley

Laura-Janes whimfield blog .. PEI .. [whimfield.com] a great read smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2011 12:43AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 14, 2011 01:36PM

PEI! Oh but they have wonderful soil there! Hmmmm . . .

Date: February 14, 2011 01:38PM

It's darn cold most of the year though, BBBRRRRR!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables