Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

B12 injections for weight loss??
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:56AM

People have been asking about it so I did a vid today.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: B12 injections for weight loss??
Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: February 17, 2011 03:17PM

Good info. When my son was a baby he had cancer, a solid tumor near his bladder, rhabdomyosarcoma. His chemo protocol would require him to have many blood transfusions. In an effort to eliminate this side effect we did reseArch and learned that b12 and folic acid would help build his blood, combined with magnetic therapy. The docs would not give b12 injections because of a link to injection site tumors. I have never heard of this anywhere else, have you? Also, would you know where folic acid comes into the equation?

februarygirl

Date: February 18, 2011 09:44AM

do more research on chemo.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2011 01:22PM

Oh, well, that's incredibly helpful.

Februarygirl, Brian Clement of Hippocrates in Florida treats cancer patients. That might be a good place to start looking for info about this. He's written and lectured a tons, you might find something of use there. Best of luck.

Date: February 18, 2011 01:37PM

ah ah ah.....I wasnt looking for info On chemo...that was 20 years ago and I have done the research, and our choice at the time was to incorporate modern medicine with alternative medicine but that's beside the point...my question was weather anyone has ever heard of the injection site tumor risk and where folic acid came into play..............so coco thank you for the name. I have also had thyroid cancer at age 33 and am always and have since age 16 looked for natural treatment methods and preventative methods and will very much be interested in reading his research..........but Durian....thanks for the video anyway:-)

februarygirl

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 18, 2011 02:01PM

The Optimum Health Institute is a good one too, cheaper than Hippocrates if you are thinking of a visit but Brian Clement has been scientifically researching for decades and is Very knowledgeable.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 18, 2011 02:05PM

Februarygirl,

Hope your son is doing well now. All I've ever heard regarding folic acid is that supplements may limit production of a tumor suppressor gene; this is necessary because intially the developing embryo presents to the body as a cluster of foreign cells. Regarding the effects of B12 on tumors[scant info available], I came across this extract on research into a probiotic strain that you may find interesting:

[microbewiki.kenyon.edu]

The stuff halfway down-ish is pertinent.

As far as your disorder is concerned--if you have not done so, please look into what your iodine levels are.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 19, 2011 12:25AM

On the video, I noticed the B-12 contained cyanocobalamin, a man made form of B-12 that breaks down into cyanide. This cyanide is released directly into the blood, as opposed to cyanide you might ingest (say from apple seeds), which the body has protection against. When things are injected directly into the blood, the entire immune system is bypassed.

Below is an article I found on 30bad about the ingredients of the B12 injections. The inactive ingredients sound toxic, and I can see why people would get an energy boost, and stimulate weight loss, based on these toxic ingredients.

---------------------------------

Ingredients of Vitamin B12 Injections

Vitamin B12 is an essential water-soluble vitamin. It is found in an assortment of foods including dairy products, meat and fish. Vitamin B12 is important for growth, the reproduction of cells, blood formation, as well as the synthesizing of protein and tissue. Vitamin B12 is conjoined to the protein in food and is often mixed with other B vitamins to create a complex formula. Since the human body can stockpile many years worth of vitamin B12 deficiency of this nutrient is extremely rare.

However, the elderly and vegetarians can be vulnerable to a vitamin B12 deficit as are those who suffer from a disease known as pernicious anemia. This condition makes the body unable to absorb vitamin B12 from the intestinal tract.

In such cases it may be necessary to intravenously administer vitamin B 12 into the bloodstream to sidestep the absorption process. Doctors sometimes prescribe vitamin B12 injections to pernicious anemia patients as well as people with chronic fatigue syndrome, stress and other conditions.

Cyanocobalamin
Vitamin B12 injections are often delivered in a man-made form of the vitamin known as cyanocobalamin. Cyanocobalamin is soaked up quickly in the muscles at the injection site.

Ingredients
In addition to B12, the ingredients of cyanocobalamin injections are sodium chloride (common table used as a preservative), sodium hydroxide (a strongly alkaline caustic used in various sodium compounds), hydrochloric acid (corrosive acid used mainly for dissolving unwanted substance) and benzyl alcohol (as a preservative). All of these added substances are listed as inactive ingredients in cyancobalamin.

Non-Pyrogenic Solution
Cyanocobalamin is blended in a clear red, sterile and non-pyrogenic (does not produce fever) solution. The hygroscopic (readily absorbs moisture) solution is water soluble.

Cyancobalamin injections are typically given in 1,000 mcg doses. The plasma (watery fluid of the blood) level of the compound reaches its peak within one hour following delivery. At least half of the vitamin B12 received in the shot is excreted in the urine within 48 hours.

About this Author
Karen Hellesvig-Gaskell is a broadcast journalist who began writing professionally in 1980. Her writing focuses on topics about health, fitness and personal growth, and her work has appeared in “Spirituality & Health Magazine" and “Essential Wellness.” Hellesvig-Gaskell studied journalism and broadcasting at the University of Wisconsin and Brown College.

Date: February 19, 2011 02:50AM

Good points Prana, thats why I recommend methylcobalamin/hydroxycobalamin vs cyanocobalamin. I hope I made this clear in the vid.

Date: February 22, 2011 02:41AM

great leads. thanks everyonesmiling smiley

februarygirl

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: February 23, 2011 06:55AM

Glad you posted Prana... when I saw cyano on the bottle I got worried because I know it is not a good source.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables