Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Turning Off The Voices: One Woman Trumps Schizophrenia With Raw Foods
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: March 01, 2011 11:02AM

What if the growing number of people with mental disorders don't have problems with their brains, but with their fuel?

Victoria Everett says she can turn off the Schizophrenic voices in her head just by switching to a low-fat raw diet.

She's had a hard life, but with better food choices she's shed a lot of weight and found a new firm mental footing to stand on.

Read her inspiring story here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turning Off The Voices: One Woman Trumps Schizophrenia With Raw Foods
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 01, 2011 04:55PM

I have no doubt that serious nutrient deficiencies can account for a great deal of mental illness. Treatment programs that use nutrient therapies show great success, so it stands to reason that if reversing a deficiency corrects neurochemical problems, a deficiency would precipitate them. This was a harrowing, but also heartening read, Andrew. Thanks for posting, and all best wishes to the ferociously persistent Victoria smiling smiley

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: March 02, 2011 12:23AM

Wow, she has had some traumatic life so far. I think she turned a corner by going raw and hope it's all good from now on. It's amazing how people don't realize that what they eat and drink has such a profound effect on their mental and physical health. I didn't get it until I was about 30 and saw it in my little girl's behavior.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 02, 2011 02:44PM

Rustic Bohemian,

Thank you for posting Victoria's story and struggle with us. Very inspiring. What was most interesting to me was the treatment of schizophrenia. I'd heard of using raw vegan diets for depression, and protection against dementia. But this is the first case I've heard about the relationship between diet and schizophrenia. One study links the condition with dairy consumption based on the inability to breakdown milk protein [www.sciencedaily.com], other studies suggest that an imbalance in omega 3 to omega 6 is to blame. Eating lots of leafy greens could help to correct both conditions. Other studies suggest there may be a linkage with metabolic syndrome and poor outcomes for schizophrenia treatments. [bjp.rcpsych.org] Though these are just ecologic studies, it's interesting all the same. Victoria's example is inspiring on its own without the research. Again, RB, thanks for posting.

Paul

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 02, 2011 03:00PM

I have first hand experience with mental issues and how a raw diet can help.
I feel better now,on all my juices and raw foods,than I EVER felt on medications.Ever.And I am med free now.

Vinny

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 03, 2011 02:40PM

That's great, Vinny!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables