Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sprouted Foods That Are Then Cooked
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 04, 2011 09:15PM

I mentioned this type of tofu that claims it's "sprouted." And there's Manna bread, which has been shown to not really be raw. Well, I recently tried new corn tortillas that are sprouted. I thought I'd share my thoughts since not everyone is 100% raw who posts here regularly. It's by Food For Life (??? The Ezekiel 3:9 peope, in other words). I have bought their sprouted grain tortillas and their sprouted bread. These corn tortillas are DELICIOUS! They stay nice and pliable when you warm them in a pan (I use them with scrambled tofu). The flavor/texture reminds me of tamales. They go for about $2.39 a dozen, which is double the price of regular organic corn tortillas but still fairly reasonable, IMO. Just a little review here!smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sprouted Foods That Are Then Cooked
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 05, 2011 11:00AM

uh, that sounds really tasty, and that price is about average for what CHEAP corn tortillas cost here O.O at least at all the stores ive been in lately...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 05, 2011 01:08PM

I wonder if one could make their own sprouted, but raw, corn tortillas? The closest I have seen to this is the raw corn kernel/ground yellow flaxseed ones that are dehydrated for raw pizza but remain pliable.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 05, 2011 05:49PM

Hey Tam, can popcorn kernals be sprouted? Then you could grind them, I guess. Actually they do have lots of recipes for raw tortillas but I think they just use fresh corn blended and then dehydrated.

Curator: Do you go to Whole Foods? Their organic corn tortillas are .99 a dozen. But I would pay double for these cuz they are wayyy bettersmiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 05, 2011 09:12PM

I've never been able to sprout even "natural" corn kernels; they must be processed somehow sad smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 06, 2011 12:35AM

no whole foods in my area banana who, or else id probably be walking there for lunch and shopping at least a few days a week...

@Tam, ive grown corn from seed...so there has to be a way...maybe seed corn would have to be used? ones meant specifically to be planted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables