Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I need people to Give opinion please!
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 08, 2011 08:59PM

opinions and information on my post in the blending forum! I want info and experiences on the blendtec total blender from people here, the internet has a lot of info on it but I trust most of the opinions of the people here much more (even some of the people I regularly disagree with)

Its on sale for $380 WITH a 7 year warranty, recipe book, and DVD... and only until the 13th, I was concerned it may have issues with normal household current not being enough, but Pborst took care of those concerns for me... do you all think this is a good buy for $380 plus the 7 year warranty for free? If not(or even if so), please elaborate on your reasoning?

Im thinking of borrowing some money from friends/family since i will be payed a considerable amount in almsot a month, to buy the blender now for a huge savings, as I think its the best bet to get some concentrated nutrition into my mom... (she wont drink juice very often, but loves fruit and coffee smoothies... but not with greens in them as the texture in a cheap blender, leaves much to be desired, at least to her...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I need people to Give opinion please!
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 08, 2011 09:06PM

Im a vitamix guy so cant help you really, but what i will say is ive heard nothing but great things about blendtec.

Doesnt really help you but still thought id input.

Date: March 08, 2011 09:11PM

Ive thought id be a vitamix person too, but this blendtec is soooooo cheap right now... plus blendtec supposedly just won a 43 million dollar lawsuit against vitamix for patent infringement, or so the salesmen claims, Im gonna google it to be sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 08, 2011 09:13PM

Curator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive thought id be a vitamix person too, but this
> blendtec is soooooo cheap right now... plus
> blendtec supposedly just won a 43 million dollar
> lawsuit against vitamix for patent infringement,
> or so the salesmen claims, Im gonna google it to
> be sure.

I know very little to nothing about blendtec or even vitamix i just got mine a month or so ago. But since then ive heard nothing but good stuff about blendtecs products if that helps any.

I still cant believe these high speed blenders are so expensive though.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 08, 2011 09:15PM

I bought my Blendtec Total in May 2006, it was $340 at the time. I love this blender, it can blend anything that I've thrown at it. The newer models have improvements in the user interface - there are more options available without having to program the blender.

The main program I use is the smoothie program - it starts out slow, pulses a bit, then accelerates, then goes really fast at the end. I used to do this manually with my previous blenders, and now I can do it with a single button.

Date: March 08, 2011 09:17PM

I agree, honestly id probably never buy it if it wasnt for the potential benefits for my mom, anything I can do to get more greens and fruits into her instead of meats and breads and other crap will be worth it... I could make a smoothie with coffee chocolate avocado water spinach and almonds and she would never know there was anything other than coffee and chocolate in it...lol

I also like vitamix more but ive never even heard of this good of a deal for a vitamix...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 08, 2011 09:18PM

thanks prana, running strong for almost 5 years? sounds good to me... I think this one would probably be about that price, but it has the 7 year warranty, did yours have a 7 year or the basic 3 year?

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 08, 2011 09:55PM

Mine had the 3 year warranty. My jar did break after the warranty expired. But I still love the blender, and I would buy another one if this one quits working.

Date: March 08, 2011 10:00PM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mine had the 3 year warranty. My jar did break
> after the warranty expired. But I still love the
> blender, and I would buy another one if this one
> quits working.

What caused the jar to break out of interest, im quite worried about my vitamix in that sense even though theres a 7 year warranty. Was it just heavy use?

Date: March 08, 2011 10:20PM

powerlifer, it had to do with the mechanism at the bottom of the jar. I can't remember exactly, because I had a similar problem with my l'Equip blender, and I am getting the two mixed up. But I think the shaft or seal may have broken.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 08, 2011 10:50PM

I love my Blendtec HP3A. It's a workhorse. My only complaint originally was the lid. But the new one stays on. Strongly recommended.

Paul

Date: March 08, 2011 10:56PM

thanks again prana, and also paul... Are there any drawbacks people can think of to the Blendtec "total blender" other than the plastic container? it IS BPA free...but seems kind of thin to me... anybody dropped their container on accident and had it not get damaged?

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 02:26AM

only once, but it was a hard hit on tile and not a scratch.

Date: March 09, 2011 02:35AM

that is good to know! we have linoleum, much softer, so if it could handle tile, I should be goodsmiling smiley im buying it tomorrow (most likely)

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 02:45AM

at that price, I'd take it even with a 2 quart carafe. Be sure to personalize the 4 buttons to the things you are most likely to use the blender for (tells you how to do that in the owner's manual). Not the most important thing, but what color are you getting? I got red.

Date: March 09, 2011 02:57AM

Ive not decided yet, but im thinking red too, maybe black.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: March 09, 2011 03:37AM

sorry about the Billy Ray Cyrus, I got carried away! lol

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 09, 2011 04:03AM

I have the blentec total blender since 2006, it works very well, in the past I used it morning and evening almost everyday but now I stopped blending, I prefer juicing, it is healthier for me. The blender is ok it is the blending that is the pb. My blentec has been idle for sale.

Date: March 09, 2011 04:11AM

ah, thanks for chiming in with your experience with it madinahsmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables