Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how to swich to raw/juice when ill?
Posted by: Rozemarijn ()
Date: July 11, 2006 09:39PM

My brother, 54,had three heart-attacks, five bypasses and has been dotttered three times in the last six months. The whole family is stupefied, because all our grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles reach ages of 83-90years. He never smoked, used to be a sportsman and still walks a lot, takes the stairs when he goes to his apartment at the 8th floor, etc. Sometimes he takes a drink, sometimes he eats meat, but never in excess. Now he is in the hospital with an infected appendix, which cannot be operated right now. The doctors want his colon to rest as much as possible, so he is allowed to “eat” only liquid food, which will be absorbed easily. My suggestion would be to let him drink fruit- and vegetable juice and smoothies, but they give him milk, porridge and bouillon. On the other hand, he is definitely not in a condition to feel miserable because of detox symptoms and he feels hypo when he doesn’t eat enough. So he would have to switch slowly. How should he do this?
Please advise me how to help him.

Rozemarijn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to swich to raw/juice when ill?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 11, 2006 10:43PM

Opinion:

-I would try a wide variety of juices....or soft fruits that digest as easily. See what he likes....but make the transition slowly.

-It's not just a formula....it's a whole lifestyle....mental change. You can't see inside people. You can't see their agenda.

-You can't fight a lower condition....like sickness...by fighting it........

-You can only replace it with a higher joy. A higher lifestyle. A joy of health...a joy of living.....a joy of love. Your excuse for joy doesn't matter. Only the being of it changes the human being.....and then their physical being.

-Make sure he gets reasonable sun....light exercise......non-stressful time at this critical juncture in his life.

-I'm sure that the wonderful folks on this board can give you some great recipes and juicing advice! LOL. Then green juicing has never been my thing! Ha! ha!

-David Mason

Date: July 12, 2006 07:39PM

if he feels hype when he doesn't eat, as U say, is another sign that he wasn't that well, as U say he was....
- what they feed him - he's maybe accustomed to but does not provide nutrition
- in the state that he's in, i don't think his system will/would start detoxing - right in the middle of all this...it will/would be rather HAPPILY grabbing onto those WONDERFUL LIFE GIVING NUTRIENTS that the juices, or smoothies would supply him with, to HELP to GET HIM OUT of the CRISIS that he's in so deep...,
i wouldn't worry about detox in this case,
just supply him with REAL-LIVE-NATURE-GOD GIVEN FOOD
not the nearly-dead substitutes that sooooo many humans unfortunately feed themselve with!!!
&
the'light exercise' that David talks about, can be just simple/basic walking, or gentliest yoga stretches, ( which can be done even in bed, sitting on a chair, etc....if U don't know how to...het a tape from the library, thay have many, doesn't metter which style - i'm an instructor-just do what U can, the little U can is still GOOD & GREAT & BENEFICIAL & REVIVING/RESTORING/LIFE-GIVING)
Yoga stretches help stimulate all the systems/functions of the body, it's like a self administered therapy...& the best done INTUITIVELY, by that i mean allowe U'r body to take U/dictate which stretch to do next, SLOOOOOOWLY, without rushing, LIKE A MEEEEEEDITATION, disappearning into each stretch, forgetting the surroundings & the worries, & just feeling the stretch, the HEEEEALING happening inside...& then RELAAAAAAX, breat comfortabely, & U'll get a message which way to stretch next...
BLESSINGS & LOVE, Basia

Posted by: Rozemarijn ()
Date: July 16, 2006 09:02PM

Thanks very much for your advise.

if he feels hype when he doesn't eat, as U say, is another sign that he wasn't that well, as U say he was....

Defenitely I'm not saying he was that well. It's just that most people are a treating their body a lot worse, and they don't have a problem at all, and certainly not so young. What got him in this condition is probably a lot of non-stop stress. For starters at his work, next our father died, our mom needed somebody to take care for her, so we all took care for the brother who took care of her, he got another job, had three burn outs, and then our mom died, etc. He was trying to figure out what to do to stop this stress, but while he works on that he ends up in hospital all the time.
I never knew stress could really make you ill. A nervous breakdown, yes, but not weaken your vains.

I think I'll start slowly by making him all kind of smoothies, so he can try what he likes. Next I'll get him a blender and a booklet with all kind of recepies. As soon as he gets out if hospital he can try them out for himself. If he can make that a part of his getting well it would be a big step in the right direction.

As for "light exercise" he walks a lot, so he can pick that up again. When I tell him that yoga might be a good idea it would probably be too far out for him right now.

If he would read: You can prevent breast cancer - Harvey Diamond,(an extreemly misleading title) and tried to follow those advises.......

Thanks again,

Rozemarijn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables