Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Dr. Robert Young on CNN obesity is not a fat problem it is an acid problem caused by the body being too acidic.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2011 06:48PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr. Robert Young on CNN obesity is not a fat problem it is an acid problem caused by the body being too acidic.
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: January 30, 2011 07:38PM

His theorys are worse than flawed, and many of the products that he either sells or recommend are potentially dangerous.

neutralizing stomach acid etc.

Re: Dr. Robert Young on CNN obesity is not a fat problem it is an acid problem caused by the body being too acidic.
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: January 30, 2011 08:07PM

There much agreement that acidic food is bad for you.

Date: January 30, 2011 08:14PM

madinah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There much agreement that acidic food is bad for
> you.

Well most of the foods that are acidic are bad for you, but there is not even one credible bit of research behind the theory that acidity causes all disease like he and several others make out.

several parts of the body must remain acidic in order to function, many of the crazy bicarbonate drops and other products can cause serious problems.

the body has many redundant systems to keep body PH from wildly changing. If these guys theories were true a large portion if not 3/4 would be suffering from acidosis which they dont don't.

theres nothing wrong with eating or designing your diet around alkaline foods most are healthy for you anyway. But taking crazy products like this [www.phmiracleliving.com] will neutralize your stomach acid causing digestive problems, candida overgrowth etc. Also used as a bath soak, the vagina must remain acidic to stop problems such as yeast issues down there

EDIT: Lots of his products are bogus, such as the colon cleanses removing mucoid plaque no coroner has ever found mucoid plaque, is this guy even a convential doctor?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 08:21PM by powerlifer.

Date: January 30, 2011 08:31PM

"Well most of the foods that are acidic are bad for you, but there is not even one credible bit of research behind the theory that acidity causes all disease like he and several others make out.
"
There is a contradiction in what you are saying, if acidic is bad for you, then it puts the body in a state of unbalance where it cannot perform any correction optimally, acidity will cause all disease, we are NOT nurtured by what we eat but what we can absorb, there is much work to be performed once the food gets into the body and acidic food cannot be properly digested. That is why it is the source of all diseases.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2011 08:33PM by madinah.

Date: January 30, 2011 08:40PM

Not what i meant, most acidic foods are also bad for you but its not the acidity that is the reason why.

Why do those who eat alot of acidic food not suffer from acidosis then? Acidity has nothing to do with even a 10th of diseases. Many are pathogen related, neurotransmitters, organ failure.

Any even half credible information to support that? What about the parts of the body that need to be acidic to function, should we start taking crazy bicarbonate PH salts etc.

Date: January 30, 2011 10:16PM

So if acidic food is bad for you how does it affects the body overall health according to you?

Date: January 30, 2011 11:09PM

madinah Wrote:
> So if acidic food is bad for you how does it
> affects the body overall health according to you?

well you just have to look at some of the foods listed, milk, cheese, meat, beverages such as alcohol to know that there not the most health promoting foods. Take red meat for example which has shown to in various studies that its consumption could be linked to various cancers. High animal meat consumption has been shown to lead to various diseases due to pro-inflammatory compounds they contain.

i see you didn't answer any of my questions.

my diet is based largely around alkaline foods but that's not because i believe some bogus theory that all disease is caused by it with no science to back it up, when numerous research shows us the causes of various diseases. The fact that many promoting it are all selling these harmful bicarbonate mixtures.

Aswell as the fact that pretty much 3/4s of the population would be suffering acidosis if it was true.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 30, 2011 11:20PM

powerlifer,

It isn't accurate to conflate the hypothesis of acidic foods(which are frequently higher than base or even alkaline) and clinical acidosis. The idea that the body has failsafes for maintaining strict regulation of acidity is obsolete; most people suffering from serious disorders present with destabilized carbon dioxide exchange levels and lessened platelet distribution--both indicators of clinical acidosis--in advance of diagnosis. The problem is that medical curriculum is not catching up with what clinicians in the field are discovering. This is not to say Dr. Young is the last word--his credentials are in some dispute, though he does have undergrad work in biology from The University of Utah.

I have found it useful to talk to board certified doctors with biochemistry training, especially oncologists who are also hematologists, about subclinical acidosis, specifically rates of blood and sera low pH in relation to metastatic cancer and type II diabetes. It has revised my skepticism about the pH hypothesis.

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:26AM

Robert Young, sounds like a nice guy and IMHO just another quack selling people starvation diets and not being transparent in what he actually eats. I mean he claims he is the only person to ever cure type 1 diabetes. How come he doesnt get in contact with Dr Barnard and publish some medical journals then? Barnard has.

Date: January 31, 2011 03:54AM

Dr. Robert Young is discussing in his book what is at the core of our health problem, once your ph is balanced and your internal system is cleansed them any disease can be cured because it is the life in the body that cures the person not some diet, the body needs to be prepared to cure itself.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: January 31, 2011 04:44AM

This guy is a little bit of a conspiracy nut, but his theory about blood types is extremely interesting:

[www.unveilingthem.com]
[www.unveilingthem.com]

"The Blood Typing Farce: Nearly 95% of the population, who have blood type O and A which are the thinnest blood and lowest blood volume, and blood type B, have copper deficiency, due to slow poisoning from blood thinners, alkaline & acidic chemicals (any non-neutral), copper binders, and copper antagonists, that they have completely and thoroughly saturated the food and food chain and water sources with. These are in addition to radiation and vaccine poisons, which are quicker and more effective methods for depleting copper, and are primary methods for expediting our death. These poisons have altered and damaged the proteins/DNA of the blood and other tissues of the body, with the damage (and deficiency) passing down through the generations. Starting in 1996, the copper depletion rate was significantly increased and coincides with the onslaught of GMO foods (genetically damaged foods), chemtrails, wireless technology, increasing prevalence of diseases and debilitating symptoms/conditions, weakened immune system, decreasing birth rate, increasing deaths/death rate, accelerated aging, and decreasing lifespan.

Copper is essential in the formation of normal healthy proteins, that is, normal amino acid sequences, in that it provides a balanced pH state for the blood and tissues, maintaining the proper concentration of hydrogen for forming the bonds in normal protein synthesis. Copper is acidic at a pH of 5.5 and is important in providing a balance of the numerous alkaline and acidic nutrient minerals. A balanced pH of 7.00 is present in blood type AB, which is the only normal blood type, while the average pH of the alkaline blood types (A/O) was set up to 7.54 in 2006 and the pH of the acidic blood type B was set up to about 6.8. As copper depletes, and blood pH deviates further from neutral 7.00 pH level, lifespan decreases. According to documentation on metabolic alkalosis, mortality rates have been reported as 45% in patients with an arterial blood pH of 7.55 and 80% when the pH was greater than 7.65. Mortality rates increase in the acidic blood type as well, with significant increases as the pH approaches 6.8. The desired population reduction rate was set up by increasing the pH level of the alkaline blood types to 7.54, while decreasing the pH of the acidic blood type.

Consequently, due to unbalanced pH levels, the vast majority of the population has malformed proteins and is missing normal proteins, as can be evidenced just in the blood properties as noted in different blood types. The blood types of A, B, and O are missing the normal (clotting) proteins; type A is missing B, B is missing A, and O is missing both A and B proteins. The Rhesus Factor (D-protein) is a probable malformed or variant A or B protein, resulting from insufficient copper levels. Moreover, we were not created with blood incompatibilities that would harm us and our unborn children, as known to occur with an rH negative mother and rH positive fetus, and with blood transfusions. The blood type AB is balanced and therefore does not carry the malformed Rhesus Factor protein as found in the other blood types, thus, only AB negative blood is possible."

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 31, 2011 04:50AM

i think his heart is in the right place even if his science is not smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 31, 2011 10:51AM

Tamukha Wrote:
> powerlifer,
>
> It isn't accurate to conflate the hypothesis of
> acidic foods(which are frequently higher than base
> or even alkaline) and clinical acidosis. The idea
> that the body has failsafes for maintaining strict
> regulation of acidity is obsolete; most people
> suffering from serious disorders present with
> destabilized carbon dioxide exchange levels and
> lessened platelet distribution--both indicators of
> clinical acidosis--in advance of diagnosis. The
> problem is that medical curriculum is not catching
> up with what clinicians in the field are
> discovering. This is not to say Dr. Young is the
> last word--his credentials are in some dispute,
> though he does have undergrad work in biology from
> The University of Utah.
>
> I have found it useful to talk to board certified
> doctors with biochemistry training, especially
> oncologists who are also hematologists, about
> subclinical acidosis, specifically rates of blood
> and sera low pH in relation to metastatic cancer
> and type II diabetes. It has revised my
> skepticism about the pH hypothesis.

I wouldnt say anywhere near most not from what ive read, there have been some serious disorders such as some cancers where some are suffering from subclinical acidosis for various reasons, but ive never read any information that this is the cause of there disease more a secondary problem due to various different reasons that accompanies there illness.

Date: January 31, 2011 02:03PM

powerlifer,

What I am determining, based on my conversations and research, is that subclinical acidosis is a precursor disorder to many high-morbidity disorders, like cancer. That is, the correlation isn't clear, but that it isn't causal in this way, cancer----->acidosis, but possibly the other way around. Further, the acidosis doesn't cause the disorder; it may contribute to it, but is, rather, a "canary in the coal mine" for predicting a pathology. Again, the clinical literature is very slow to catch up, which is why it is important to survey clinicians in the field.

I have come to believe that it is unusual to find a person in serious disorder[cancer, heart failure, etc.] that doesn't present with subclinical or even clinical acidosis, and it is unusual to find a truly healthy individual that does. The problem is determining parameters and teaching them. Medical school curriculum isn't regulated by a central board, so everyone learns different things. IMO, insufficient biology and nuclear physics courses are required, but that's a whole 'nother rant!

I remember talking with my doctor about Lance Armstrong. We agreed that Lance Armstrong was a "specimen" of good health, yet, he has developed cancer multiple times. Curious . . . I posited that perhaps the thing that allows him to excel at his sport is the very thing that sickens him--his metabolism functions particularily well in an anaerobic state, for our purposes, in a condition of temporary acidosis. Yet, his cells cannot thrive[properly metabolize oxygen] in this state indefinitely; no one's can. So, disorder arises, and it shouldn't be a surprise. Certainly my weird little hypothesis isn't the full picture. My doctor was surprised but intrigued by this. It is very interesting to me to think what can be disocovered in coming years . . .

Date: January 31, 2011 02:08PM

Tam, what do you think this means in terms of diet, eating acid or alkaline foods and the whole practice and philosophy of that?

I remember learning about acidic juice like lemon and orange and how it was actually alkaline in the body and not the other way around (can't remember why, what nutrient was responsible for that...). Very interesting and not what is generally thought about those "acidic" citrus fruits!

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 31, 2011 02:30PM

"EDIT: Lots of his products are bogus, such as the colon cleanses removing mucoid plaque no coroner has ever found mucoid plaque, is this guy even a convential doctor?"

Powerlifer- Mucoid plaque is real, you should check out the work by Dr Bernerd Jensen. He has many pictures of plaque from actual patients, in the back of his bowel care book. He says it can be consistency of rubber. Very disgusting. A combination if dairy and flour products/ starches are the cause if this plaque. It can be there for years.

Date: January 31, 2011 02:43PM

Why don't unhealthy people show it in colonoscopies then? Explain this to me please because so far I can't see it as anything other than bunk...
My uncle was a severely unhealthy man and yet his colonoscopy? Bubblegum pink smooth muscle tissue from all reports.

Date: January 31, 2011 04:00PM

After few meals even the tongue that is constantly bathed in saliva get covered with food residues, unless you brush before sleep or the next morning it become a health issue overtime. Are we saying that the intestines that get bombarded with poorly digested food get no marks?

Date: January 31, 2011 04:07PM

The tongue is not smooth muscle tissue and it doesn't get a mucoid plaque coating. It's not a valuable comparison. I get dirt under my nails but the surface of them, which undoubtedly touches more dirt, stays clean.

Date: January 31, 2011 04:32PM

So what is in the big belly, water? [thm-a01.yimg.com]

Date: January 31, 2011 04:42PM

layers and layers of adipose (fat) tissue , there are some really good free anatomy and physiology courses on line Madinah , perhaps you might be interested in searching them out

coco is right the tongue is not smooth muscle tissue

Date: January 31, 2011 04:46PM

Well coco is always right. How do you explain that the digestive system remains cleansed but the blood is not?

Date: January 31, 2011 04:54PM

"there are some really good free anatomy and physiology courses on line Madinah, perhaps you might be interested in searching them out "

Date: January 31, 2011 05:05PM

Madinah there are many different systems in the body that all work together (some directly some indirectly) to maintain homeostasis

just because one is working well doesnt mean that another isnt , comparing the digestive system with the circulatory system in your example is like comparing apples with ducks

in fact the body in its entirety is in a constant state of repair, rejuvination, rebuilding, detoxing, resting, attacking foreign invaders etc etc in an effort to always achieve homeostasis (complete balance)

Date: January 31, 2011 06:26PM

So Dr. Norman Walker and Bernard Jensen were all wrong about colonics and intestinal cleansing?

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 31, 2011 10:07PM

The plaque is there for some people, perhaps it is further up than the colon. They go on the cleansing program, get colemas (a type of colonics) and then the black tar like stuff comes out. You cant dispute this, it happens!

Search it on google images!

BTW I think we shouldn't take bicarbonate suppliments. That is rediculous! However I think the Acid theory has some merit, its not the only cause of disease but is important.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 10:21PM by WorkoutMan.

Date: January 31, 2011 11:57PM

I just want to remind everyone, for the sake of devil's advocacy winking smiley, that no one undergoes a colonoscopy without having a fleet enema first. On pain of death, ha-ha. I daresay, and the gastro I queried about it agreed, that the results would be considerably different if one had a colo, um, uncleansed.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: February 01, 2011 12:04AM

Yes, but does anyone pass those kinds of plaques without the aid of the cleanse formulations? You would think some people would anyway by way of natural detox or fasting or just getting healthier, but I've never heard about it. This makes me think that perhaps the cleanse products actually produce the plaques that the body at some point sloughs.

Date: February 01, 2011 12:23AM

Bingo. If it's something an enema can wash out it sure isn't what you've been told mucoid plaque is all about! It's like that gall bladder flush, you aren't passing stones, it's the oil and salt you've been drinking as part of the "cleanse" that come out of you.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables