Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

exercise...?
Posted by: mallow ()
Date: July 12, 2006 12:21AM

How much is enough? I used to run for an hour every day, but I dreaded it constantly- even when I had just finished my run, I felt gloomy thinking that I'd have to do it again the next day. I think that I was healthier when I was doing this, but I really don't like running.
Would 1/2 hour of gentle rebounding 3x a week and an hour-long walk 3x a week be sufficient?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: exercise...?
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: July 12, 2006 12:33AM

Yes, absolutely, I have an urban rebounder and I do a 45 minute session and I feel as if every muscle in my body has been worked after just doing the beginners session. They have a nice collection of videos too. If you decide to buy any just make sure you get the ones that have multiple videos on one dvd. It saves a lot of money. JB Berns has really created an awesome workout program with the urban rebound and it's funny to see how many people are trying to copy him now.

[www.urbanrebounding.com]

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: July 12, 2006 02:37AM

I think it's so important to do what you enjoy....because then you'll put more of your heart and soul into it....you could also go for walks/hikes if you don't like running.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 12, 2006 02:51AM

Good point, The Fruitarian One. Phew, this took the pressure of my mind. smiling smiley

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 12, 2006 03:02AM

Lifting weights is absolutely incredible and helps buold strong bones, strong bodies and strong minds. There was a recent article about how it helps even with meditation!
Any aerobic exercise will do for cardio but by all means look into lifting weights,

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 12, 2006 09:56AM

-Sure. It's been shown that power walking....and light yoga CAN be as beneficial as more intense exercise...if you carry it for the long haul (a lifetime).

-I agree with the above great posts by Fruitarian One and the others (as usual!). LOL.

-I also think you can't back your way into heaven. What I mean is...you have to be pursuing and giving joy, acceptance and abundance......not simply trying to avoid pain, fear, your desires. This higher agenda will always supersede and make OK the other less desirable aspects of your life.

-Just my opinions.

-David Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 12, 2006 10:23AM

Lifting weight is good but there is even better. Read this book and read the review by MarK G. Grice. [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 12, 2006 06:00PM

I hated most exercise for the better part of my life. Then at 40 years of age, I discovered martial arts. Finding a phyisical and spiritual activity that has become my passion has changed my life.

Keep seeking.....something will "call" you eventually.

My best to you

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 12, 2006 06:49PM

What I've learned over the years is to be gentle on myself, not expect the world, to do only excercises that I like and to mix it up so I don't get too bored. I also feel it is important to have BOTH anaerobic excercise and strength training for the muscles and bones AND cardio, for the heart and lungs. So I do a mix of swimming, hiking & walking, running on the treadmill, weight training, dancing, pilates and yoga, whatever floats my boat at the time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables