Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting new strategy for raw weight loss.
Posted by: lisagirl80 ()
Date: April 05, 2011 09:48AM

In my 20's I lived vegan for 5 years or so. I think I started to gain a couple pounds and panicked and did the lo carb thing. I went back and fourth for years. I started raw a couple weeks ago and I'm amazed at how good I feel.I have lost maybe a lb at best but if I gained 10 lbs by being raw I still wouldn't quit. However I came up with a couple strategies that I think will help me lose my last 8 lbs. I realized that I had been eating a lot of fat. One of my raw revolution bars is 15 grams of fat by itself. I was using veganaise in my brocolli, kale salad (which I know isn't raw but I need some kind of dressing) and that's 9 grams of fat per tsp. So I'm going to cut my fat by switching to lo fat vegan mayo, and limit myself to one raw bar a day. I will limit my avacado intake to 1/2 a day. This will be cutting my fat intake probably by 50% or more. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted.winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting new strategy for raw weight loss.
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 05, 2011 10:21AM

Good lucksmiling smiley, remember its about overall calories, you could still gain weight by being low fat and so on.

Generally the rule of the thumb is more calories in than you expend you'll gain weight.

Some moderate exercise pending your getting enough calories will help speed up the process and is good for you alsosmiling smiley.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables