Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

24hrs before internet health history!!..
Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 14, 2011 05:16AM

This format of LIVE debate has NEVER been done before. Listen in. Its going to be a fun and empowering debate!

[realhealthdebate.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 24hrs before internet health history!!..
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 14, 2011 03:59PM

durianrider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This format of LIVE debate has NEVER been done
> before. Listen in. Its going to be a fun and
> empowering debate!
Harley, you have finally met your match. This is going to be the biggest Ass Whuppin' you've ever received.
Good luck.....WY

Posted by: Jonathan Barlow ()
Date: April 14, 2011 05:59PM

Harley are you really 6 foot 145 pounds? I'm 5'11", down to 165, and feel like I'm wasting away. I was hoping I could get down to 154 for an armwrestling competition, but worried it might be too thin. I guess not.

Good luck with your debate. I should think everyone here would be rooting for you. Living on animal foods is madness in this world.

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:23PM

I'm joining so I can watch this, although I have to admit I'm a little scared of how intense it's probably going to be, lol!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:33PM

I have zero interest in hearing someone go on about how great meat eating is, even in a debate format. That just makes me sick to my stomach, no thank you!

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:51PM

DR, I wish you great luck in your debate and I am awed by your humble description of it...smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:08PM

Let me know how it turns out. I just can't listen to that other guy, the paleo ranter for even a minute, those guys freak me out!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:21PM

Break a leg! Or whatever Australians say to one another to wish success smiling smiley

I am hearing the theme from "Rocky" for some reason . . .

Date: April 15, 2011 01:35AM

LOL @ dR... "Just because you're fat it doesn't mean you're a bad person...."

Enjoying this debate so far. smiling smiley

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:12AM

Thanks for the support gang! smiling smiley

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: April 15, 2011 04:18AM

Couldn't you just get in the boxing ring and sort it out - that way we'll have a winner instead of more hot air contributing to climate change.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:29AM

link doesnt work ..

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find realhealthdebate.com
Suggestions:
•Access a cached copy of realhealthdebate­.­com
•Search on Google:

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: April 15, 2011 08:39AM

Anyone gonna upload the debate to youtube???

please link when you do smiling smiley

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: April 15, 2011 03:33PM

Did anyone listen to this?? Unfortunatley I didn't get the chance. Curious!

Date: April 15, 2011 03:35PM

I enjoyed it. I thought you both were well spoken and respectful. At various times I agreed with you both. My beliefs about diet probably lay somewhere in between both of yours so it was an interesting thing for me to listen to. Will be looking forward to it if they do another one.

What I didn't like: The whole, "boxing" battle thing... I know they were trying to be funny or whatever but that is just stupid imo... a debate isn't a boxing match, if it is, it's no debate I have any interest in. That said, I was glad you both kept it respectful and didn't get nasty.

Date: April 17, 2011 03:20PM

The great Debate must not have gone well for DurianRider since there have been no followup posts. Does anyone know for sure?
How could it have gone well? The Paleo Diet is much preferred by the masses. Plus, the Paleo Diet proponent is a polished speaker, able to present his point in a convincing way. No offense Harley, but your Communication Skills are severely lacking. However, I do admire your Bulldog-like Tenacity.
If anyone has a link to the Debate, please provide it. I'm sure there are many here, myself included, who would like to see it.....WY

Date: April 17, 2011 03:55PM

I don't think you can listen to it online anymore. You can buy the mp3 somehow I think but the link they set out to the live debate doesn't have it recorded.

I'm surprised there wasn't an instant follow up video from DR, lol... especially since Richard has done multiple follow up blogs since.

It depends on what you mean by "gone well"... over all, it's obviously a matter of personal view to be vegan or not and there are some aspects of that which cannot be argued. They both made good points at times but overall Richard was more well spoken and better at presenting his ideas, in my opinion. That said, DR, as much as I've thought he was a jerk in his videos in the past, did come off as a nice guy with a good heart. He just has a very sort of... harsh way of getting his view across. Harsh, but kinda funny sometimes. I do think he'd be better off with a kinder approach (as in, not calling everyone and their mother fat, lol) but to each their own.

If I had to pick a winner when it comes to pure debate skills, I'd pick Richard honestly.... but I don't know if either of them really won, they both seem to be doing well with their chosen path. Richard was just a better speaker, he spoke slower with more thought, which made him easier to listen to. His thoughts just seemed more organized, as if he'd written a bunch of stuff down to "present" where as DR just seemed to be talking off the top of his head. Not that DR didn't make good points too.

And they weren't even really that different aside from the veganism. What I'd like to see is DR debate someone who's diet consists of ONLY animal foods! Now that'd be something!

Date: April 17, 2011 04:44PM

Corathegreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....... What I'd like to see is DR
> debate someone who's diet consists of ONLY animal
> foods! Now that'd be something!
I don't think you could find anyone who consumed 'only' animal foods. They would be extremely Acid if you did.
Yes, I agree. DR might be able to win that one if he improved his presentation, and didn't use so much profanity.
Thanks for your effort. I can tell you're a kind person.....WY

Date: April 17, 2011 05:52PM

They are out there! Actually most of them probably ate grains + animal products. I knew a girl when I was younger who claimed to never have eaten any fruit or vegetable in her entire life. So gross.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables