Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Frickin' COLD SORE!!
Posted by: LemonLover ()
Date: April 29, 2011 10:48PM

Hi

I've been working my way towards raw for the past week. I have been vegetarian for years and already eat a lot of salad and fruit. Other food I used to usually eat are rice & beans, or whole grain pasta and legumes, etc.

This week I started doing green smoothies (24oz. oranges, pineapple, kale and raspberries) and veggie juices (32 oz. collards, cucs, celery, apple, and lemon for breakfast and midday snack.

I got a cold sore today for the first time since 2003! Is that some kind of detoxing thing? I feel like I have a terrible cold or hay fever today, and I almost never get sick.

Any advice on how to heal it quick? Did I try to much too juicing too soon?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frickin' COLD SORE!!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 30, 2011 12:27AM

Ha-ha, I recently experienced the same thing, accompanied by a recurrence of a terrible sinus/chest infection from 2004. I realized that for a few weeks, I'd been eating mostly green smoothies(for lack of time in my schedule to prepare other foods) and filtered water. I'd been unintentionally consuming for fuel what one generally consumes for a detox, and figure that's what it was. Taking lysine, a couple thousand mgs daily, can really help heal a cold sore faster.

Posted by: ivac ()
Date: April 30, 2011 02:23PM

Lemons, limes, garlic, vinegars can cause cancer sores and cold sores.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 30, 2011 03:14PM

ivac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lemons, limes, garlic, vinegars can cause cancer
> sores and cold sores.

Nonsense, none of the above can cause those. Infact garlic has potent anti-viral properties.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:02PM

I had the same thing in the beginning when I was transitioning off grains and onto a higher raw diet. I think that this happens because your body is still really acidic from all those grains. That is my theory anyway, because as I went off grains completely the foods that used to give me mouth sores (such as oranges) stopped doing that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables