Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cravings! cravings and cravings!
Posted by: kaybarnes668 ()
Date: April 30, 2011 02:27PM

I have been 4 weeks 100% raw, and I am experiencing very intense cravings! From day one i have had these cravings, have tried eating more calories, more fruit, more fat, more nuts but nothing ! can anyone suggest something? will they get better?
What I eat
Green smoothie in the morning-half pineapple, 2 banas, 3 handfuls spinach
Lunch-big salad with nuts, a little olive oil, tomatoes, carrots, celery, sprouted lentils, cucumber and greens.
Dinner, stuffed tomatoes filled with pesto and same salad. Can anyone advise? will the cravings get better, just this close to giving in sad smiley xxxx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cravings! cravings and cravings!
Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:16PM

Well, what are you craving?

Date: April 30, 2011 04:26PM

hi sorry! I have cravings for cooked food like cakes, pizza pasta, chips! everything junk! xx

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:56PM

Try entering your daily menu into a nutritional calculator like fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, or Cron-o-Meter to see if you are eating enough calories for your weight. To me, it looks like you are not eating enough food. Remember that raw foods are high in water content and fiber, so they are not as calorically dense as cooked foods. This means you have to eat a larger volume and larger mass of foods.

When I first started eating raw foods, I needed to eat 5 to 6 meals a day, as my stomach was small from eating cooked foods. Over time I was able to eat larger raw meals as my stomach could accomodate more foods. Nowdays (10 years later), I eat 2 meals a day.

Date: April 30, 2011 06:12PM

hi, sorry I didnt put that I have fruit after all my meals and also have avocados in my salads. I have just over 1500 calories per day , thanks for the reply

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: April 30, 2011 08:34PM

1500 calories seems low to me. The junk foods you are craving are all carbohydrates - mostly cooked starches. The best form of carbohydrates on the raw diet is fresh sweet fruit.

Try eating a smoothie in the morning with 7 bananas, then for lunch 7 bananas plus your salad, and then for dinner 7 bananas plus your veggies. I bet you won't have as much craving.

Make sure the fruit you eat is ripe. When I buy bananas from the store, I have to let them sit and ripen in my kitchen for at least 4 days. When I buy citrus, they also have to ripe from 4 days to a week. Mangos can take 2 weeks to ripen.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 30, 2011 11:45PM

cake, pasta, pizza, chips can all be duplicated raw maybe check out the recipie section here or [www.goneraw.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: rawmate ()
Date: May 01, 2011 12:48AM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> cake, pasta, pizza, chips can all be duplicated
> raw maybe check out the recipie section here or
> [www.goneraw.com]

Wow - thanks for those recipes, jgunn! I can put them to use as a great alternative to the junk that I crave as well. I realize these are transitional foods, but they are heaps better than the stuff I normally consume when I am in a moment of weakness.

Posted by: witch1000557 ()
Date: May 01, 2011 07:20PM

thanks so so much for your replies! I will try all the suggestions smiling smiley)

Posted by: durianrider ()
Date: May 02, 2011 02:43AM

kaybarnes668 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have been 4 weeks 100% raw, and I am
> experiencing very intense cravings! From day one i
> have had these cravings, have tried eating more
> calories, more fruit, more fat, more nuts but
> nothing ! can anyone suggest something? will they
> get better?
> What I eat
> Green smoothie in the morning-half pineapple, 2
> banas, 3 handfuls spinach
> Lunch-big salad with nuts, a little olive oil,
> tomatoes, carrots, celery, sprouted lentils,
> cucumber and greens.
> Dinner, stuffed tomatoes filled with pesto and
> same salad. Can anyone advise? will the cravings
> get better, just this close to giving in sad smiley xxxx

Gee?! Let me guess? Your a GROWN adult that is eating LESS calories than your average 10 year old girl needs? Maybe you need to do some more fasting or something. winking smiley

Read 80/10/10 by Doug Graham if you want to stay on the good stuff and stay off the junk. smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 02, 2011 06:13AM

is being condecending and chiding towards someone being supportive? perhaps you miss the point of this forum... i winky eyed smiley face doesnt make it any better.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables