Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Has anyone ever experienced this? I feel naked on high raw..
Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: May 14, 2011 04:56PM

by naked I mean exposed, transparent.. when im eating high raw I feel overly sensitive in public places and become very self conscious as if the real me is on show.. its quite unnerving at times. Maybe its getting used to living without 'issues to work on'... I think i have got comfortable always having something to work on in myself.

maybe its because eating high raw REALLY opens my heart chakra... and being amongst ordinary 'muggles' is quite an empathic overload. Hardly a loving attitude i know. Just having these feelings come up as of late and wanted to share.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone ever experienced this? I feel naked on high raw..
Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: May 14, 2011 06:43PM

Hey there... I really relate to this, even though I was this way on the SAD diet (but nowhere near as strong). High raw cleans you out a lot and makes you more in tune, so if you were already a psychic/empathic/more sensitive than usual individual, these qualities are only increased on raw.

I recommend you begin learning the practice of shielding.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2011 08:34PM

Same, I couldn't handle how sensitive I became, I actually had to move out of the city.

Date: May 14, 2011 08:52PM

Glad im not alone smiling smiley

I find myself making excuses not to go out with friends.. ie dont like going to bars or pubs.

I found a good post on google regarding this issue.

[goneraw.com]

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: May 14, 2011 09:56PM

Well I haven't experienced that exactly. However I did become accutely aware of the B.O. of others. Even when people were clean and powdered with deoderant etc...I knew exactly what a person ate within the last 24 hours, but perhaps more accurately what they generally ate. Most times that was really really not a nice thing. A gross thing most of the time.

Its one reason why my partner doesn't want to go raw ever. He is already sensitive to smells, and doesn't want to smell more.

Date: May 14, 2011 10:34PM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I haven't experienced that exactly. However I
> did become accutely aware of the B.O. of others.
> Even when people were clean and powdered with
> deoderant etc...I knew exactly what a person ate
> within the last 24 hours, but perhaps more
> accurately what they generally ate. Most times
> that was really really not a nice thing. A gross
> thing most of the time.
>
> Its one reason why my partner doesn't want to go
> raw ever. He is already sensitive to smells, and
> doesn't want to smell more.

This same thing happened to me last week on a 5 day juice fast.... it was so disgusting! It went away after the fast though. I still have a strong sense of smell (*always have) but it's not "smell 3 day old food inside someone's colon" sort of strong.

Date: May 14, 2011 10:40PM

well how fortunate for you. I could smell exactly what you described. I was working in a store with a lot of people coming in, and sometimes I couldn't help showing some kind of discust. i really tried not to show it, but I could tell from the customers reaction thtat they didn't like my reaction. Kind of like 'what?' one person even started smelling their arm and wrist.

That was a strange experience for me. The other part was probably more interesting. I actually miss that. Whenever I went into a room people said they smelled flowers or fruit. I wasn't aware of my own scent. But at least it was a pleasant smell!

Date: May 15, 2011 02:21PM

That's awesome!

Posted by: merry ()
Date: May 15, 2011 02:59PM

When I took a fast I couldnt stand any strong smells - my husband used some hair conditioner that I normally wouldnt notice but I couldnt bear the smell of it when he came near me and I had to get him to buy a new soap also as i couldnt take the smell of the one we normally use even though it is supposed to be natural.

Its one thing that worries me about becoming 100% raw - from reading this forum people's bodies seem to get so sensitive that the smallest bit of less healthy food they eat affects them. That seems a bit hard since sometime I have to eat out or at people's houses....

Posted by: rab ()
Date: May 15, 2011 03:47PM

merry Wrote:

>
> Its one thing that worries me about becoming 100%
> raw - from reading this forum people's bodies seem
> to get so sensitive that the smallest bit of less
> healthy food they eat affects them. That seems a
> bit hard since sometime I have to eat out or at
> people's houses....

That is so true - at least in my experience. Any time I fall for any 'standard' meal, I regret. Is it just me - I don't know, but I get a bad feeling in my stomach, my digestion is off, feel less energy...it is so hard. It only happens when there is none or very little raw food in the house, or when visiting family. The longer I am on raw food, the more I resent anything else. Thus, I get more unpopular with other people - but I am at a point of no return. I use 'white lies' to avoid endless explanations.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 15, 2011 04:23PM

I wonder how much of this is mental rather than real physical sensitivity. For a while i was stuck with eating disorder behavior, if i ate anything that my mind would remotely regard as unhealthy after or whilst consuming whatever id have masses of symptoms.

But when i hit rock bottom and just thought stuff this and ate crap id have no bad effects even from the worst food such as mcdonalds.

I eat extremely clean these days so it is un-noticeable but i do wonder the power of the mind. At times id be like ohh im reacting to this sauce it must be the gluten i can feel it and id be told that it was made with gluten free stock etc.

Some degree of it for some must be mental. The power of the mind is extremely strong and still not understood greatly.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2011 04:24PM by powerlifer.

Date: May 15, 2011 04:40PM

Rab,
"white lies'? I am curious. My partner and family have a lot of problems with some of the choices I make, and quite often contradictions and inconsistencies that go with attempting to transition. Sometimes it drives me crazy.

I feel embarrassed sometimes for my lack of understanding about culture and food. Its taken me a long to understand that some people just can't suspend cultural notions around food. They take offense that you don't eat from the same pot as everyone else. Its sometimes not good enough to sit and eat at the same table and eat something different. I think its strange, but thats something very strong in his culture.

I don't understand why you should be unpopular for your food choices, or anyone else for the matter. its not like you are making choices for anyone else.

Date: May 15, 2011 04:44PM

good point powerlifter.

after a week of raw a pizza is like poison.

after a week of junk a pizza is like heaven.

Date: May 15, 2011 04:45PM

Some people take it as a personal insult if its them cooking the food for you. I used to eat at my friends often and all her mother would cook was fried everything and massive portions. My digestion at that point was very poor and eating a meal(which she would expect you to clear the plate or she'd be offended also) made me feel rather sick and ill at times.

In the end she fell out with me personally even after telling her i thought her cooking was great but my health couldn't take it.

Now i don't care if someone cant understand after telling them nicely and honestly that i have to eat a certain way and miss out various dietary allergens that cause me problems i.e wheat, gluten, dairy etc then stuff them. Its my health that will suffer not there's and if there outlook cant handle it stuff them also lol.

EDIT: WanderRA yup thats exactly what i mean glad you can relate, its abit different with raw as most of the food isnt as calorie or volume dense as scoffing a pizza and requires much more digestion, so it possibly is abit of a shock if you have been mono eating just fruits and greens etc. But i have made the same correlation when i was vegan and non vegan. I really do believe alot is the mental, the uhh ohh feeling ive mucked up and ate something bad feeling of guilt.

Im only high raw and vegan these days anyway as a bodybuilder, id probably be needing around 10k+ calories if raw which would equal 3-4k non vegan, im on around 5-6k calories high raw vegan and it suits me fine. I get a great balance of raw foods in my diet and i get to eat a little tasty food. 10k calories from raw id be eating every minute of the day and even then the macro breakdown wouldnt appeal to my bodybuilding needs.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2011 04:53PM by powerlifer.

Date: May 15, 2011 09:41PM

What non raw foods do you eat powerlifter? what do you reccomend?

I wouldnt mind adding a little cooked into my diet ie rice.. rice is the healthiest carb heavy food i can think of. I have the same problem, i work out a lot and am pretty much grazing on raw foods throughout the day.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: May 15, 2011 10:32PM

Raw Nakedness...I doubt anyone except the most sturdy well-adjusted person doesn't feel socially exposed and vulnerable when first going raw...especially during the 2 year change over period where the detoxification is still heavy and the temperature yet to reset. Cells built of raw materials are more sentient and receptive to all of the electromagnetic spectrum including thought. To deal with this hypersensivity phenomena you can take up some form of energy art like Qigong or yoga to learn how to circulate and process emotional charge better. Exercise helps social adaptation in general, as does mediation and the Inner Arts. Along with various calming and nervine herbs you need to supply your cell membranes with plentiful Omega 3 from various sources. If you don't have enough fat in your diet the body will harvest fat from wherever it can and nerve sheaths can suffer. Consequently taking nerve sheath building nutrients along with olive leaf for sheath protection is very important in the first two years...in my experience it takes many more years to build up a solid coherent state in which the social toxicity of the cooked population doesn't "dismantle" ones own neurological strength and functioning.

The chemicals are the cogs of the machine...you somewhat drive the machine and the machine somewhat drives you. Change the chemicals and the driver changes, change the driver and the chemicals change.

Here are some lists of sheath builders and calmatives:
[biologyofkundalini.com]

And here are some Inner Arts on my website:
[biologyofkundalini.com]

If you like the Inner Arts I have dozens more for my book on sovereignty....which is really the question you are asking, for if you are sufficiently yourself, plugged into the cosmos the energetic frequency, intent or behavior of others has less perturbing and disturbing effect.

Date: May 15, 2011 10:52PM

Mislu Wrote:
> Rab,
> "white lies'? I am curious. My partner and family
> have a lot of problems with some of the choices I
> make, and quite often contradictions and
> inconsistencies that go with attempting to
> transition. Sometimes it drives me crazy.
>
> I feel embarrassed sometimes for my lack of
> understanding about culture and food. Its taken me
> a long to understand that some people just can't
> suspend cultural notions around food. They take
> offense that you don't eat from the same pot as
> everyone else. Its sometimes not good enough to
> sit and eat at the same table and eat something
> different. I think its strange, but thats
> something very strong in his culture.
>
> I don't understand why you should be unpopular for
> your food choices, or anyone else for the matter.
> its not like you are making choices for anyone
> else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going through exactly the same process. They TOLERATE me, but by no means try to understand me. So, when buying food, SAD stuff is not as scrutinized as fruit etc. Simply, to buy SAD items is 'normal', and goes without thinking. When you buy several pounds of fruit of different kind, it always feels as "luxury". My wife's parents are kind, they always try to have some grapes or something for me, but when having family lunches, it is awkward. As the time goes buy, it is becoming more of an issue, to be honest. It is not just food, it is the way of life, understanding of things. I like sun, nature. I like green architecture, alternative energy - my mind is going everywhere. It is hard not to be able to share this with your closest. I am a little bit of a nerd, so probably nobody would really understand me completely, but the difference is: do you try to understand me? I am a little bit pushy about the raw food diet, but lately I just gave up.

Date: May 16, 2011 12:22PM

Rab,
Well the really difficult part is that my partners father died about a year ago. He was very fit and active until about 6-8 mos before he finally died of cancer. The amazing thing to me is that he didn't have problems with blood pressure, diabetes etc...but only took a baby asprin as his only medication. I think that was supposed to be a preventative measure.

He ate whole grain whenever possible over processed, limited sugar and fats. Was not entirely vegetarian, but ate very limited amounts of animal foods. So it seems pretty good in my eyes that he did so well, except for the cancer part. However, his wife (my mother in law) finds fault. Shes still alive, and figures shes doing something better than he did, despite many long term conditions shes taking meds to control over the years.

Additionally he has criticized her for years if not decades over her eating habits, and her weight. So, it often feels like walking on eggshells with anything around food. I learned early on in living here to limit suggestions, if at all. As of lately I don't make suggestions at all. She still reacts to choices that we make, even though we totally want her to be happy with how shes living. So my advice is that sometimes its not good to push anything, no matter how lightly you might think it is. "giving up" is ok, as far as wanting someone else to change, it could be that they don't want to change, and think other ways are strange.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 16, 2011 01:07PM

[sigh]So glad I'm on my own; in many ways, it's easier . . .

Date: May 16, 2011 01:37PM

WanderRA Wrote:
> What non raw foods do you eat powerlifter? what do
> you reccomend?
>
> I wouldnt mind adding a little cooked into my diet
> ie rice.. rice is the healthiest carb heavy food i
> can think of. I have the same problem, i work out
> a lot and am pretty much grazing on raw foods
> throughout the day.

Mostly beans/legumes, mushrooms, a small amount of gluten/wheat free grains such quiona or brown rice, falafels, a little soya in the form of tofu/miso or soya milk. I steam most of the goitrogenic vegetables after having past thyroid issues. There what i can think off the top of my head.

I probably get a few thousand calories from raw food alone mainly in the form of fruits and salad greens and sprouts, i wasn't repairing like i was SAD or cooked vegan when on 100% raw even with masses of excess calories so i gave and take abit.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 01:41PM by powerlifer.

Date: May 16, 2011 03:40PM

Mislu,

I understand your point. By the way, they had an article on Yahoo about aspirin causing cancer and other problems (acetaminophen). So, there could be different causes for cancer, including environmental.

What is 'pushing' though? If you are trying to save somebodies life, you can either:
1. Shut up - let them make their choices.
2. Push for healthy diet to save their life
3. If 2. does not work - implement 1. and watch somebody die.

That all seems too passive for me, not good enough.

Date: May 16, 2011 04:26PM

Rab,
Thats interesting about asprin causing cancer. Never heard that, but it seems possible. My fin didn't like taking any medications if he could help it, but for some reason his doctor thought it would prevent vascular disease.

'Pushing' is a good question. I don't know how to respond to that. My father in law is dead, and my mil has a number of health issues I am sure could be improved. Any 'pushing' or suggestions for improvement would be very unwelcome, and probably viewed as some moralistic judgement being made on my part. Shes been told by her husband for 20-30 years or so that shes overweight. Thats pretty difficult to undo.

The more difficult part is that she doesn't perceive herself as dying. We are all in a state of dying, its just a matter of how that is advancing and at what speed. As far as she is concerned shes taking care of herself and the medicines are keeping her alive.

Date: May 16, 2011 04:41PM

Do you guys have a link to that article about the aspirin cancer link? Is it aspirin or acetaminophin because aren't those two different things?

Date: May 16, 2011 04:44PM

thanks powerlifter..

by beans do you mean baked beans? im quite fond of them and am happy to eat them straight out the can.

Date: May 16, 2011 04:55PM

I try to vary which beans i use as they all have different nutrition and phytonutrients i.e black beans, butter beans, chickpeas(legume), kidney beans for vegan chilies, black eyed peas(which are a bean if i remember), canelini(or however you spell them) and yeah on occasion for quick calories ill use baked beans.

Today im probably around 50/50 3k calories from raw food mostly fruit today and some greens and a little dried goji and incan berries. And the other 3k from various vegan food over the day and whatever i eat later.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: May 16, 2011 05:16PM

Tamukha,
"So glad I'm on my own; in many ways, it's easier . . ."

Thats so true. That was the only time I ever experienced 100% raw, if it were only for a few weeks. That was when I lived on my own. No need to share a pot with anyone, nobody to question why there was so much fruit in bowl, or people taking them. I could let them ripen. Sometimes I eat things a little underripe because the fruit disappears too fast here.

I really didn't have a kitchen then, but if I did I would have called it "Heaven's Kitchen". SOOO much easier to prepare food. Mostly washing, some peeling, and then just wipe the table clean! Man it really sucks doing pot and pans after my mil is finished after some family get together. There are usually a lot. Not to mention the smell of things frying.

I think I will buy a camcorder when I move into the apartment. My first video will be an episode of "Heaven's Kitchen". Where people make what they want, and how they want it. The only judge will be you on what you made! and of course no prize, except for good health. Certainly not the kitchen guy shouting...

Date: May 16, 2011 07:37PM

Most pre-cooked beans come in a can that is lined with BPA and will have many questionable ingredients. It's VERY easy to soak and sprout your own then lightly cook them. They take way less time in the hot water than dried beans.

Rab, setting a good example is not what I consider passive but that may not "feel" like enough for you. No one wants to be told what to do though, it turns people away from the message rather than drawing them in a lot of the time. So just being quiet and not saying anything sometimes is less harmful than trying to help.

Date: May 17, 2011 01:33AM

coco, I am learning how to be patient more an more...but it is so hard to watch people suffer.
It is more of a resignation - I realize there is nothing I can do. And, there is a selfish motive - if you can't save the world, save yourself. I just don't know what to think any more.

Date: May 17, 2011 02:07AM

Rab, the hard times in my life are the ones I learned the most from. If someone had come along and taken them from me I would never have grown into the person that I am. It's a dangerous thing to think that we can save another from suffering, in fact I don't even think we should strive to save ourselves from suffering! Learning to work through it rather than avoiding it teaches so much more in my experience. I am so grateful for the lessons I've learned in life, I would not thank someone for trying to take those away from me.

That isn't to say that a radiant you isn't going to get attention from people who may ask you what your secret is, the perfect opening to tell them what it is that YOU DO rather than what THEY should do winking smiley. It works, I have been asked many times by those who really want to know and take what I say away with them.

Date: May 17, 2011 02:44AM

Every person has their own timing. Some people will never change anything, some other people are in the constant process of learning and change. The problem is, the more you learn, the less people can really understand you. Just like the bible says. Whoever multiplies knowledge multiplies suffering.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables