Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Positive Mental Outlook
Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: April 25, 2011 03:16PM

Just discussing this on another thread, and wondering what do all of you do when you need to adjust your outlook on certain situations in life?

februarygirl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Positive Mental Outlook
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 25, 2011 04:07PM

Probably up there with good nutrition in my opinion as one of the key factors in achieving optimal health and warding off diseases.

Poor negative outlook and stress burden the adrenal glands which play a very important role in overall health, immunity, inflammatory, hormonal and other key areas of health.

When chronically ill it is very easy to have a pessimistic negative outlook on life, heck moan about having the cold or flu for a week, take 7+ years of being chronically ill to the point it interfered with normal life so badly that you'd sleep all day. Its easy at that point to direct the energy of stress into becoming an alcoholic or hooked on drugs to temporarily relieve your pain. Overall this is the worst way possible to deal with stress and creates a worse mental outlook overall as you end up more ill and more depressed for a cheap one day relief.

If you are well enough to exercise id say this is the best way of keeping a positive mental outlook and a good way to bust stress. I found before i could become fixated on small problems and continuously keep focusing on them but when i exercised id feel much more confident at tackling whatever problem was on the cards.

I know people who all there life have lived off processed SAD diets, heavily drank and done drugs and all live in poverty and are all healthy if we go on blood tests, how rarely ill they are and how those who ive seen are never ill with chronic health problems. Me i was a stresser still am to a certain extent because i live quite a stressful lifestyle. I became friends with many of these people through on old job and even being around them radiated positivity and it brushes off onto you over time.

You want to try and be around positive people as much as possible. Although it doesn't seem like it at times constantly being around negative people rubs off over time and has a massive knock on effect to your own outlook.

I find going in the sauna as good as exercise its about finding what you find good for de-stressing. Some find yoga, meditating a good outlet for achieving a positive mindset.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 25, 2011 05:06PM

Emotional freedom technique! smiling smiley

This is the therapy I used to recover from my alcohol addiction and deal with depression I had as a younger person due to my health problems. I've used it for less serious situations as well and it works equally good.

There is tons of info out there on the web if you're interested. It has to be one of the simplest and most powerful self healing techniques I've ever discovered.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 25, 2011 05:09PM

Ive never found EFT to be particularly helpful for myself but i come from the train of thought of what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Glad you had success with EFT cora, i might give it another research.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 25, 2011 05:26PM

It's possible you weren't doing it in the best way possible for you. I found it less than amazingly helpful at first, but then I worked with an expert online who helped me. She showed me some other techniques to use hand in hand with the tapping therapy, and I found out the reason it wasn't working so well at first was I wasn't tapping on the CORE feelings and issues...

For example, one of my health issues was that I had severe cystic acne (I didn't know it yet but this was due to food allergies as I was eating SAD at the time). Naturally as a woman in my twenties I wanted to be attractive, have fun and find a partner so this sucked for me. I felt so horrible all of the time and even considered suicide. I learned about EFT and started tapping on surface issues like "I'm pissed because I have bad skin" or "It isn't fair that I have bad skin"...

This helped a LITTLE. But then I began reading more about how to use the therapy in a deeper way and started following this lady's program, which involved a lot of meditation on a certain subject and free association writing to get to the real, subconscious feelings on a subject. I did this and boy was I surprised when the deep stuff started coming out. I started crying and writing all this stuff like "I hate myself" and "I'm disgusting" and "I deserve to be ugly because I'm a disgusting person" <- stuff like that.

So then I took those feelings and began examining them. Why did I feel I was a disgusting person? Where was all that guilt coming from? I began doing the tapping on all of THAT stuff and WOW, that was when the real emotional "detox" began. I cleared a lot of self hatred/low self esteem stuff, and despite the fact that my skin was still messed up, I began to slowly begin to develop love for myself.

And guess what? Less than a month after this breakthrough was when I first discovered I was celiac. I gave up gluten and my skin began to heal immediately. Funny how the law of attraction works. The answer to my physical problem was there the whole time (and a simple one at that) but it was like I couldn't find it because there was so much guilt and self hatred in me.

Anyway that's just one of the ways it has changed my life. smiling smiley

Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: April 26, 2011 11:38AM

VEry interesting Cora, and glad you found reliefsmiling smiley I've read a bit about EFT and have planned on looking more into it.
Powerlifter, what you say rings true for me as well. I think most people would consider me positive and uplifting, as i dont like to drag people down or wear my feelings on my sleeve, but truth be told I am always constantly worried about something, everything, or nothing at all. I was able to identify this in part as an anxiety issue. So if I think about things sometimes I can see that I am worried for no good reason. But honestly, having a sick child and much concern in terms of my husbands employment does leave me with very real concerns. Excersise is very much needed, but I'm too fatigued for much. I really need to find a physical outlet. Music helps me a lot too, and believe it or not, housecleaning or laundry can put me at ease. Sunshine will help too if we could get some! I find myself surrounded by a lot of negative people but the more upbeat I am, the more they are. Either that or they stay away from me which is a good thing.

februarygirl

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: April 26, 2011 01:23PM

When my world is out of sorts,I go on a juice fast,and do long tub soaks,long walks in the sun,and tune into God.
It always helps.

Vinny

Posted by: Dmedude ()
Date: June 16, 2011 12:13AM

you have to stop believing what you know and start understanding what you feel. Let your intuition guide you to what you know is right for You. Not all energys are the same, we are all here to find our own common ground, and be at peace with ourselves.

Dme

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables